Lavender responded to my question quickly and she told me that she wanted real food. She didn't care where we went, as long as we went somewhere that had better food than Lakecrest. I decided to take her to one of my favorite restaurants in Manhattan. It was one of the less crowded restaurants and it was highly underrated. The food was always satisfactory and so was the service. I'm sure Lavender would love it since it had such a variety.

When we took our seats, she instantly picked up the menu. She began scanning the menu and she literally moaned from so many options. After a while, Lavender ordered a bunch of food that I was absolutely positive that she wasn't going to eat. When the waitress came back a few minutes later, she sat the food down on the table and my girlfriend instantly dug in. I chuckled aloud at just how hungry she was. She was eating as if it was going to be her last meal. "You know, it's really something sexy about a woman that can eat at the speed of light," I joked.

Lavender stopped chewing, but only for a second. She finished the food that was in her mouth before she spoke. "I'd like to see you go to a rehabilitation center when they serve you nothing but slop! The first two days were good! They acted as if they had the best food in the world, but the rest of the time it was disgusting! I found a hair in my mashed potatoes!"

Okay, that was pretty f-cking disgusting. I guess I could see where she was coming from. "Still haven't heard from Ivo," Lavender asked me after a while of silence. I frowned at the mention of him and shook my head. Her face saddened and she put down her fork. "It's okay, baby. Gloria will come around. She can't keep him from you forever. I know he still loves you. He probably misses you just as much as you miss him."

I nodded my head at everything Lavender was saying, but I didn't believe it. If Ivo truly missed me then I knew Gloria would allow me to see him. She wouldn't allow her son to be sad for such an extended period of time. I wasn't seeing Ivo because he didn't want to see me. It was simple. "I don't really want to talk about it, baby girl. It's a lot on the brain. I'm already stressed about the interviews and the weigh in. A lot of people are going for Ronda because of my hand."

Lavender bit her lip and reached across the table to take my hand. She held it lovingly as she caressed her thumb against it. "I believe in you, Maxim. You're the best fighter in the UFC. I've heard people say it countless of times. You're the greatest. You're going to get that title and you're going to make your parents and your brother proud. Just think about him. He wanted this for you and here you are. All you have to do is win. Put on your game face and take out all your frustrations on Ronda in the ring."

"Alright. I will," I responded as I gave Lavender a genuine smile. It was good that she was here physically. Her being positive made me feel so much better above the huge week that was before me. I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it softly. "You're the most wonderful girlfriend on the planet."

-

"Here we are, ladies and gentlemen! We've been waiting all night for this weigh in! Ronda Russ, the Bantamweight champion will be taking on competitor Maxim "Noxious" Nightingale tomorrow night! It's going to be an amazing show here in Las Vegas!"

"It's going to be amazing indeed, Jeff! We have Ronda Russ who is amazing at getting her opponent to the ground and causing them to beg for mercy to end the fight, and then we have Noxious who forces her opponent to lose the fight via knockouts. Two different fighting styles going for one title! It's going to be amazing, Jeff. Each fighter has flown in to the fight here in Las Vegas. It's the biggest fight that we've had here in a while."

"I agree, Cole! Let's us avert our attention, to the champion who is just now walking out, Ronda Russ, ladies and gentlemen."

I listened to the announcers as I watched what was going on backstage on a television. The crowd was going wild for Ronda Russ as she walked onto the stage. Maxim was going on next and I hoped that she got just as much love as Ronda. She really needed it. The whole not seeing Ivo thing was really beating her up. I could tell her that everything would be fine all I wanted to, but of course, she would still have her worries and insecurities. She had been so busy this week—working her ass off to make every interview and press conference and also hitting the gym whenever she could—that we barely got time for one another. Maxim not having time for me this week, although, didn't bother me. I acknowledged and respected her work ethic. Plus, I'd have her all to myself for a few months after this. There was no need to be clingy or selfish with her at the moment.

Ronda walked on stage with a fierce scowl on her face. She wore a t-shirt with a pair of jeans and she looked absolutely intimidating. The crowd cheered louder as she removed her shirt and began unbuttoning her jeans. She seemed a bit bulkier than Maxim and honestly, I was a bit scared. It seemed as if she had more muscle compared to my girlfriend. Once she got on the scale, a member of her team looked down at it and screamed out a number.

"There you have Ronda Russ, obviously healthy, Jeff! 135 pounds! She has that scowl on her face that could scare anyone with common sense! You can see that she has her head into this next fight. Let's just hope that Maxim Nightingale has the same." Ronda went to go stand on the left of the stage and she crossed her arms as she awaited Maxim to come out.

"Now, for her opponent..." All of a sudden the noise level of the audience increased and a huge smile spread across my face. Yes! This is what Maxim needed. Support. Jeff, the announcer stalled as he laughed a little bit, "Now, for the competitor who is trying to steal away the Bantamweight title from Ronda Russ's hands, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Maxim "Noxious" Nightingale!"

Maxim stepped on stage and even though I thought they couldn't, the crowd grew even louder. Unlike her opponent, she had a smirk on her face. It was full of pride, but it still technically wasn't arrogant at all. She looked over towards Ronda and gave her a wave, which caused the champion to roll her eyes. Maxim shook her head and chuckled before taking off the cap she was wearing. She got off her shirt and shorts, and the crowd began wolf whistling at her. I bit my lower lip as I heard all the screams from the audience as my girlfriend stepped on the scale in nothing but a sports bra and boxers. That smirk was still plastered on her face, as her number was called out.

"And we have 135 for the competitor as well," Cole announced. Maxim pointed to the tattoo of her brother that was on her chest before jumping off of the scale. She walked over to stand in the face of Ronda Russ, who still had that frightening glare on her face. It didn't seem to disturb Maxim although. She instantly stopped smirking and put on her game face as well as she held her fists up to match the champion's stance. Cameras snapped pictures of the two fierce women as they stared each other down. "Two amazing fighters here. Maxim has said that she has hung with Ronda outside of fighting a few times, but now all of that was aside. I assume Ronda feels the same way since she's looking at Maxim as if she's her arch enemy."

"Usually, all friendships go out of the door during a fight, Cole. Tomorrow, I expect blood to be shed by these two. No remorse, just fighting. Ronda Russ has the drive from her trainers and her crew. Maxim, however, is driven by the death of her brother, her crew, and I guess we can also say her son. It's obvious. It's in the media and Maxim has said so herself in recent interviews, she's not allowed to see her son. I'm sure that causes a lot of frustration that she is ready to take out in the ring. She has nothing to lose. There's no fear in her eyes. She's coming for that belt and she's coming hard. It's up to Ronda Russ to stop her."

Once the stare down was completed, Ronda and Maxim shook hands and they both walked off the stage. Five minutes later, I found my girlfriend walking towards me fully dressed once again. As soon as I saw her, I pulled her into a hug. Tomorrow night was going to be a big night and I really hoped Maxim won. She worked hard for this. I've only been out for a week and I was able to see that. During the flight to Las Vegas, she was working out on the plane. That's how dedicated she was. She deserved this more than anything.

-

Sorry for the sh-tty chapter, but it's leading up to the big fight.

Are you guys glad Lavender is back?

Do you think Maxim will win or lose?