♛ 1

"Girl, I don't know about you but I'm getting some ass tonight," Denim said as he took a sip of his martini. I laughed at his flamboyant nature and looked over to my other two friends, Kahlo and Memphis. It was a normal night for us. Just about every night, we were either out clubbing, at a party or going on a drug run. I know. It sounds like we're pretty reckless, but I think we all have our sh-t together. Well, I guess my friends have their lives organized.

Denim was fresh out of college and an inspiring fashion designer. He was only twenty-two and was already making connections within the fashion industry. With Denim, I never had to worry about looking bad. He made sure my outfit was the best it could be, that my make-up was flawless and that my hair was kept in good condition. Memphis was a dental assistant who was actually thinking about possibly going to medical school to become an actual dentist. As her name indicates, she was pretty southern. She was born in Memphis, but by the age of five her family had moved to New York City. Kahlo was a radio host for a sh-tty radio station that barely got any listeners. She wasn't a bad host. Whenever I found time to listen to her, she would tell a funny joke about her growing up in Hawaii when she was younger or talk about sensitive, entertaining topics. I could tell that it wouldn't be long until she branched out to a bigger radio station or even became a television personality.

All three of my friends all had one thing in common. They've all attended college. Me? I stopped at high school. Honestly, I wasn't sure about what I wanted to do with my life. When I was younger, I used to have aspiring dreams about becoming an artist, but my father told me that I needed to come up with something more serious than that. But, I couldn't really see myself doing anything else. I didn't want to spend my days sitting in an office, or doing work for someone else. I wanted to be my own boss, make decisions and earn good money while I did all of that. I've spent countless hours Googling jobs or careers that would match my personality, but nothing ever interested me. I guess I was just pretty indecisive and difficult. Since I was so bad at picking a job that I liked, I worked at a job I hated. It was coffee shop and a bakery, a couple of blocks from my apartment. I don't even know why people went there. The coffee sucked and so did the 'delicious items' from the bakery. Maybe I was biased because I hated my boss. He was old, bald, rude and annoying. Mr. James was overly stingy with his money which caused me and my coworkers to not get as much as we deserved. I would quit, but it took me a load of work just to get the job.

"You say you're going to get some ass every night," Kahlo said to Denim as she crossed her legs. We were in the lounging area of the nightclub chatting. It was a Tuesday night and we all had to get up and go to work in the morning, so we weren't drinking too much. "If anybody is getting some ass tonight then it's Lav. She gets all the f-cking guys and girls. It's those f-cking eyes!"

"They're just blue," I defended as I rolled my eyes at her. I may be really good at attracting the same and opposite sex, but I doubt it was because of my eyes. This may sound arrogant, but it was an overall thing. I just knew the way to stare at someone, and how to use my body language to get what I wanted. "Your eyes are ten times sexier than mine. They're f-cking gray!"

"It's sexy because you use that innocent thing," Memphis said as she flipped her long, blonde dreadlocks. She adjusted her hipster, black rimmed glasses. "You can get anyone to do anything with those eyes. It's not like it's anything to be ashamed of. If you got it, flaunt it." I took a sip of my beer and shrugged my shoulders to end the conversation. "Holy f-ck," Memphis yelled before she covered her mouth. She was staring off behind me as if she was looking at Beyoncé herself. Living in New York City, you were sometimes granted the pleasure of bestowing your eyes on a celebrity and every time that happened, my friends freaked the f-ck out. "Holy f-cking sh-t!"

Kahlo looked up from her phone to see what Memphis was going on about, and then nearly screamed to the top of her lungs. A guy that was standing behind her jumped from fright. "What the f-ck are y'all-sweet baby Jesus in the manger wisemen and all behold!" Okay, if Denim was freaking out like that then Beyoncé was definitely behind me. I turned around and looked towards the wall where a bunch of people were gathered around. No one looked of importance. It seemed like normal club goers to me.