*24* Birthday news. We're not imaginary couple.

Start from the beginning

“What did you want to do?!”  Khaotung and First shouted it almost simultaneously.  Gemini felt like sinking into the ground in shame.  What has he done?  Why did he say that?  To change the subject, he took the gift he had prepared for Dunk from the dresser and was about to give it to him when Phuwin grabbed his arm and stopped him.

„Wait, why are you in such a hurry, little brother?  P'First still hasn't wished Dunk well.”

“What?  Oooo... Oh!  Yes.  Sorry, I forgot.”

“You'll forget your head one day,” Phuwin shook his head.  “There will be time for gifts in a moment.  P'First, are you ready?”

“Yes, nong Phuwin.  Where did I end up?  Oh, I know now.  Dunk, my dear, wonderful, lovely friend, on your birthday I wish you to finally find someone for yourself, someone who will be your personal source of energy.  You were always there for me when I needed you, so I wish there were plenty of people around you who would be there for you.  I also hope that your brothers don't get on your nerves too often and that we can finally learn the details of your project.  Oh, and finally, I wish you to come to the next race with your other half”.

Dunk felt the urge to kick First's ass and pretended to kick the TV.  Gem, slightly afraid that Dunk might actually destroy the device, grabbed him by the arms and held him down.

“Just don't be aggressive, P'Dunk, otherwise you'll have to pay me back everything you destroyed and I won't care that it's your birthday”.

Pond recorded everything on his phone so they would have a souvenir later.  Everyone in turn wished Dunk, and then it was finally time to make toasts and the party began in earnest.  Prim started the music and Joong asked Dunk to dance.

“Dance with me, Mr. Birthday Boy”  Joong stretched his hand out towards the Dunk standing in front of him and bowed in a truly royal style.  Amused, Dunk picked up his game.

“With a pleasure, Mr. Archen”.

“I feel a strange vibration between them”.  Heart's ghost couldn't have picked a better time to appear, but no one except Fourth and Gemini paid him any attention.  Gem suspected that only the two of them could see him.

“Heart!  What are you talking about?”

“About your brother and that handsome guy who dances with him.  They are a couple?”

“No.  Dunk has no one, as far as I know”.  Gemini, although he pretended not to, loved gossip and always wanted to know everything.  He sometimes behaved like a typical neighborhood monitor, observing especially closely people close to him.  – But if they ever become a couple, I will sing the song you chose during university classes wearing a pink wig and hot yellow shorts.

“Okay, agreed!  I'm telling you that they are or will soon be a couple. Wanna bet?”.

“No chance, so... Deal!” Gemini wanted to shake Heart's hand, and only when he tried to do so and his own hand hit the void, he remembered that Heart did not have a body like an ordinary person.  “Uh, I'm sorry.  I forgot”.

“Since you're in love, you start to forget everything. That's okay.  In fact, it's actually nice when someone treats me as if I'm still alive.  It's really nice.  So thank you”.

Gemini nodded.  Fourth didn't speak at all, more interested in his drink.  When Heart and Gem's conversation stopped, he nudged Gemini in the side and asked:

“When will we tell them about us?  Don't you think this is a good time?”

“About us?”

“Yes, about us.  About us being together”.