Part Two

The vile Captain Hook had Elvara and the Doctor locked up with Ariel and Eric in the brig. There, the Time Lords were surprised to see even more familiar faces in other cells. Whereas other Peter Pan characters like Wendy Darling and her brothers (John and Michael) were there with the Lost Boys, so was Timon and Pumbaa, Cinderella and Dumbo, Mowgli and Baloo, Winnie the Pooh, Mulan, and Pinocchio. Outside the cells, atop a wooden barrel, sat a golden lamp that looked a lot like the Genie's lamp.

            One thing the Doctor noticed about them all: "They all look so...real. Is that the nuage energy making them look that way?"

            "Nope, they're variants of their more animated counterparts," Elvara said. "Awhile back, Pop and I dealt with a situation where the worlds of the Disneyverse – that's the name a friend we made on the journey called them – were in flux. Some of the animated variants were swapped with their realistic equals, and vice versa.

            "Including me," a haunting voice spoke within the shadows of the cell Elvara and the Doctor were put in. They turned to see a pale-skinned woman with yellow eyes and black horns. Her face was narrow, and her chin was prominent. She was as darkly beautiful as she was icily elegant.

 She was as darkly beautiful as she was icily elegant

            "Well, well, well..." Elvara smirked, hands on her hips. "Maleficent, Mistress of Evil."

            "You're appearing very 'mistress-y' yourself," Maleficent observed. "Last our paths crossed, you dressed like a hooded vagrant and called yourself 'Cici'. What do you call this form?"

            "Elvara, apparently," she briefly side-eyed the Doctor. "Where's Diaval?"

            "He got away before our 'courteous' host with the hook abducted me and the rest of these...people."

            "Uh, some of us are animals, not people," Timon indicated.

            "So, I've noticed," Maleficent dismissively acknowledged.

            "But why has Hook captured all of you?" The Doctor wondered. "I mean, the Darlings and the Lost Boys, I can understand. But Dumbo?" He gestured to the floppy-eared and sad elephant in the same cell as Cinderella, who did her best to console him. "Why would anyone want to kidnap sweet, lovable little Dumbo?"

            "A better question is how Hook is able to traverse between realms," Elvara posed. "Sure, he can go in-between London and Neverland with enough pixie dust on his ship, but anyplace further is beyond even his own control."

            "He had help – powerful help," Maleficent stated, seeming a bit perturbed. "From the moment I was brought aboard this vessel, I've sensed a power much stronger than mine...and it's not of any world the characters in this room are part of."

            "Definitely ain't from mine," Genie said from inside his lamp.

            "Is that why even you haven't tried fighting back?" Elvara questioned Maleficent. "Hook's a pushover when it comes to a sorceress like yourself."