"Sure. Before that, come over here. There are a few things we need to go over" that was the last informal sentence. I guided her on what I was working on, she picked up real fast. I was impressed, indeed she's a very smart and intelligent young girl. Still beats me as to why she could easily fall for Jared. I hold nothing against him, nevertheless, I don't think she knew what she's gotten herself into. He's my blood; yes - yet it still doesn't mean I'm fine with whatever he gets himself into.

"We should get you home. I don't want to exceed the time" I wrapped up on the files opened in my desk. I will take it home to get it finalized.

"Thank you for today, Mr Torres" she told me.

"It's alright. And, Hailey, I'm sorry if I ever created the impression of hating you" by how her eyes widened, she was bemused. I didn't blame her, for I myself did not understand why I said what I said.

"Umm. ..it's fine, I'm sorry too. For being rude and disrespectful" waving it off, I lead us out of the office to the elevator. Back to where we came from, had to drop her home then head for my place. I cherished my privacy and personal security, hence, I hardly received visitors at home.

Once I made sure she was safe, I drove to my house a few distances away from theirs. Memories from the first day they moved here flooded my imagination. She must've thought peeping from the distance was being discreet, had she known I was quicker in sensing.

Phone pinged.

Who's it again?! Hope it's not Marisa, cause I'm not going to take it likely this time around.

Trent: Hey, you home?

What's he on about now?

M: Just parked, what's going on?

Trent: I'm coming over.

And now my space is being invaded, if not for the fact he was my best pal, I wouldn't agree to having him. Trent and I have known each other since first grade, when I saved him from two bully's who wanted to frighten and steal his lunch. We've been best pals since then, and truthfully he's one of the few people aside the Torres' who knows me.

"Hey, Cairo" my pug came running to my feet. I got him when I first moved here, since then it's been just the two of us.

"I missed you too" rubbing him, he followed me into my bedroom. Went into my closet to pick a lounge jogger, discarding the ones on my body. Putting the worn clothes in the laundry bag, then heading into the bathroom. I'd have preferred putting my clothes in the washer yet, I was going to wash my bedding tomorrow, so it'll be best to keep them for only this evening.