Suga (BTS~) Part II

A couple of days later>>>

"Hae In?" Yoon Gi waved and ran towards Hae In. She looked up at him with a straight face. "What have you been upto? I can't see you anywhere anymore now a days."

Hae In- ( Is he going to pretend like nothing happened that day? Is it that easy for him?)

Yoon Gi- (This needs to go back to normal. Come on Hae In, don't chuck me out of your life. I am not going to stop being friends with you over a crush.)

She looked blankly at him before saying, "Been busy with things. " She smiles before continuing, "Sorry... I have to uh go. Mianhae." And she walks away leaving him behind still wondering about ways to amend his friendship with her.

This continued for a while. Yoon Gi chasing after Hae In to just have a decent conversation, but to no avail.

One day he saw Hae In by the lockers covering her mouth while laughing along with Yeri and Min. She noticed Yoon Gi and they made eye contact for a split second before she turned to her friends and disappeared.

Yoon Gi- (Is it not possible anymore then? I can't let a crush ruin our friendship. Why did you have to like me Hae In?) He even cursed himself mentally.

They met briefly right outside the school gates one day. Yoon Gi was still trying to talk to her. "Please Hae In, please don't avoid me. Can we really let our friendship be ruined like this?" "I don't know. Don't you think you should at least allow me to get my thoughts straight. I need time. I am sorry, I just... I am sorry." She almost begged.

Later that evening when Hae In was waiting inside a store when she was splashed with water, right on the face. Upon wiping her face, she noticed Mary in front of her looking agitated.

"You alright miss?" One of the staff working there approached to the scene with paper napkins. "I'm ok." Hae In assured him and turned to her.

"I don't like you hanging around oppa. Get this in your big brain. He likes ME. ME. So back off, understand?" And with that she storms off. Hae In released a big sigh.

Next day Hae In was heading towards the school exit when she was pulled by her arm by him. She protested and tried to wriggle out of his grip. "Let go". She almost shouted. "Just keep walking. Let's talk peacefully somewhere." And with that he let go of her hand at once. "What is it about now?" She asked irritated.

"Hae In, why are you so harsh with your words now a days? This is getting out of hands." Yoon Gi tries to explain.

"I don't like it." She blurts. "Like what?" Yoon Gi asks. "I don't like that you are with her. But do you know what I dislike more than that? I don't like that I don't want you to be with her. I don't want to a bad person. I don't want you to be a bad person." She starts. "We both know how much Mary hates me, seeing with you. You are dating her, I don't think it's any wrong of her to feel that way. You..." Yoon Gi looks at her intently. "I don't want us to become bad people. I will get over it on my own. But we...? We can no longer be friends. I don't want to be." She finishes.

"What are you saying?" He asks. "I am sorry." Hae In looks down while saying that. "Don't say that. You know how many times you have said 'I am sorry' to me in these past days? Why are..." Hae In interjected, "Let's no be friends anymore. Let's not get into each other's way. It's not possible for us to be friends anymore." She left with tears welled up in her eyes.

Yoon Gi- (Is it even important? Why can't we be friends? So am I supposed to forget my friend of 10 years just like that?)

School was over, everyone from their class graduated. Everything remained the same yet everything had changed. People moved on, or so it seemed. They could never mend their friendship again. They left the school heartbroken. 3 lives, linked together with messy threads. 3 lives, intertwined with longing, jealousy and love.

2 years later>>>

Yoon Gi walked on the busy city street. We liked this place. He felt secure among all the crowd, crowd that he didn't know anything about. Back in his town everyone knew each other, everyone waved and greeted each other unlike in this city. Somehow being anonymise felt reassuring to him. Until he noticed a familiar figure. Same height and same body structure and same face. But everything else was different. There he spotted a person he thought he would never see again. He eyed her walking inside a cafe house.

He stood there looking at her contemplating whether to go talk to her or keep his distance and walk away pretending never to have seen her.

He didn't even realise he was staring at the figure for so long until...

"Anyeong." A voice chirped. The figure had somehow appeared in front of him with a grin.

Yoon Gi- (Hae In) He called her name in his head.