Chapter 17

Caesar

It's been 3 hours since Igor left the house and nobody knew their whereabouts. I might be a mafia king, whom the whole world fears but Igor is the only one who can stand up against me, which I definitely love about my best assassin.

I was constantly pacing around in Igor's room when someone knocked on the door...
"Boss, they have come" One of my men said and I immediately opened the door.
"Where are they?" I came face to face with him.
"Boss... Igor sir... he is, uh... with the doctor" he said with his head down and started shivering just from the aura I was giving. I walked away from him without any word and went downstairs where my family, maids and almost all my men were gathered.

I slowly walked down the stairs by oozing the power of a devil and drilling the hole in each and every person present there. All my men (around 40 were in the mansion while the rest of them were guarding the mansion and some were working at his warehouses) were standing near the main door with head down, maids (there are around 7) were standing at the entrance of the kitchen in the same position and lastly I looked at my family sitting on the couch with doctor who is treating Igor's wound.

Without any word, I walked towards Akim who was standing in the middle with his head down. I knew everyone was watching my every move.
"Akim" I only said his name with a flat tone and he shivered. For a minute, he didn't say anything and I was patiently waiting for his explanation with hands in my pocket and eyes fixed on his head.

"W-We reached the place, which was a bar located in some cheap place" he finally opened his mouth. When I didn't say anything he continued while everyone else also listened quietly.
"When we walked inside, the person who tipped me took us to Silas (Rodion's right hand). We stood a little far away in a disguise and waited for Igor sir's instructions. The moment Silas exchanged a briefcase with the other person, Igor sir attacked them. Everything was in our control, we had already killed Silas men before entering the bar but the second we held him few of the people sitting around attacked us as they were also Rodion's men. Igor sir, ordered us to take Silas and briefcase back to the car but I stood with him and helped in killing them. We had almost finished everyone but I... left my right guard open and one of his men tried to attack me... but Igor sir... took the blow" Akim finished his explanation with all the courage he had and now he was still shivering from fear.

"Is everything ok?" Mom asked the doctor.
"It's only a slash nothing major. I have treated it. Not to worry" Doctor said and got up to leave after mom said 'thank you'.
"Igor go and take rest" Mom turned towards him and he nodded without any word. Then, he started walking towards his bedroom and I looked back at Akim.
"Akim, you will not be my head bodyguard from now on" The moment those words left my mouth I could hear everyone gasp. But they can't even think the amount of anger is flowing inside me.
"You...".
"I slit his neck" Igor interrupted me the moment I continued giving more punishment to Akim.
"Whatever that person did to me, I gave thousand time more pain to him" We all looked at him. He was standing on one of the stairs and looking directly at me with a blank expression.
"But..." I tried to reason him.
"Akim didn't do anything wrong. It is not his fault... boss" all my men and maids were shocked to hear the last word but the way that word stabbed me was much painful than anything.

"You all can leave" When Igor went away I just stood still at my place and after a minute asked everyone to leave.
"Akim, you still have your position but next time be careful otherwise... I will not just remove you from position" I turned towards him and said with an authoritative tone.
"Y-Yes boss" and he left. All this time I was controling my anger just because of Igor as I don't want him to get upset again.

After everyone left, I immediately walked into Igor's room. The minute I stepped in he came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.
"You can't be here boss" he said the minute I took a step towards him.
"I just want to talk about the morning" the desperation was clearly visible in my voice.
"There is nothing to talk" he started walking towards his closet.
"Pls Igor, I didn't mean what I said. You know I love you a lot".
"No, I don't and not even want to know" He was now fully clothed.
"Igor..."
"Leave, I want to rest" and walked towards his bed. He switched off his lights and the room became dark.

I was so angry with myself because the person Igor became now was only because of me. For a few seconds, I just stood there without any movement but when he pulled cover over his head I went out with a broken heart.

The minute I entered my room, I broke down. It felt as if my heart stopped and all because of me, it's my fault. Tears were flowing from my eyes continuously and was so engrossed in my pain that I didn't even heard a knock on my door.
"Caesar, son open the door pls" Mom was continuously knocking on the door but I was not in a state to talk to anyone.
"Son, pls let me in... If you love me, you'll open it" This time she said with a stern tone. I tried to wipe my tears and opened the door.
"Come let's talk" She held my hand before closing the door and sat on the bed with me beside her.
"Now tell me everything" She literally ordered me but still kept my head on her shoulder.
"This morning..." I started telling her everything while she caressed my hand throughout.

By the end I was again crying like a baby in her arms.
"Shh, it's ok, it's ok" she was again and again soothing me.
"I am sorry mom. I am really very sorry... I didn't mean to say those words... Pls pls tell Igor to talk to me... I can't live without him, mom... I just can't" I was a crying mess infornt of her.
"He loves you as much as you love him, got it? So, he will come back" She wiped my tears and cupped my cheeks.
"Really mom?" I looked at her with a ray of hope.
"Damn sure son" She said with a brightest smile on her face.
"Now go and get your man back. But after this no more hurting".
"Promise mom, I will never hurt him again. He will always be mine" I said and hugged her tightly.

'My Igor' I didn't say aloud but in my heart his name is engraved deeply and forever.