Chapter 16

Caesar

The moment I got to know what all was happening under my nose, my anger reached its peak and when it specially included Igor.

"We need to talk" I stepped into his room while closing the door loudly enough for the whole mansion to listen
"About?" Igor tried to avoid eye contact with me and just got busy in arranging his weapons.
"Where the hell are you going?" I asked with one eyebrows raised.
"For some work" He was still not looking at me.
"With all these weapons?"
"It's for protection".
"This many?"
"It's necessary".
"SHUT UP IGOR, just shut up!... For once can't you tell me everything sincerely?"
The minute he started giving me two words answers, I lost my patience.
"There is nothing to tell" Finally, he looked at me.
"Really?... You are going after Rodion's men with only five of our men and you are saying there is nothing to tell".
"Who said?" He gritted his teeth.
"That fucking doesn't matter" We both just stood there looking at each other in silence until...

"Sir, we are ready" There was a knock on the door with a voice that was of Akim.
"Go the fucking away, Akim!" I shouted at him from the other side of the door and he walked away instantly.
"Caez, it's the only chance we have to catch Rodion and his right hand man is meeting someone for a deal. We can't let this opportunity get out of our hands" He said with a calm voice and took long steps towards me.
"Then, why didn't you tell me? And why go alone with only five men?" I said with a confused face.
"First, it's not necessary for you to personally go there and he is just his right hand man not Rodion himself. And second, there is police who is after you everyday. So, I don't want you to be involved in such petty things" He caressed my arm.
"Do you even realize who I am Igor, the mafia king. Obviously police will be behind me but it doesn't mean I have to hide in my house because of them" We both were standing so close that our breath was faning each other's face.

"I am not saying you to hide... I just want to protect you" he said with a low voice.
"I don't fucking need your protection" The moment he said word protection something snapped in me and I jerked my arm from his hand.
"What do you see me as... a pussy? I can fight my own battles Igor".
"No Caez, that's not what I meant" He looked at me with guilty.
"I don't know what you see me as...or you got blind by the relationship we have, making you think that I need your protection now" I was so blinded by anger that I couldn't understand his motives for doing these things.
"No, it's not. I l..." I interrupted him in between.
"Maybe this whole relationship is wrong and...we are not perfect for each other" These words broke his heart into a million pieces as it was clearly visible from his eyes.

He just stood still at the same place as if waiting for me to take my words back but when I didn't, tears started flowing from his eyes. The second I realized how badly I broke the one person whom I love a lot in this whole world, it was already too late.
"Then, as the only relationship between us, being your personal bodyguard it's my duty to put your safety first... boss" Next minute he said these words while wiping his tears and took a stance like my other bodyguards do.
"Igor, that's not..." He interrupted me in between by picking his personal gun from the table.
"Whatever happens there, we will report back boss. I'll take my leave" And in seconds he was out if the room.
"Igor! Igor! Listen to me, Igor" I literally ran behind him screaming his name again and again.

"What happened?" Dad came in front of him halting his steps in between.
"Dad, see he is not even listening to me" His back was turned towards me while head down.
"What is going on, Igor?" Dad again looked at him with a frown on his face.
"I am doing my job... Sir - Ma'am" Both my parents and even me was shocked to hear the last two words.
"Igor, son..." Before my dad could finish mom puts a hand on his shoulder.
"You can leave Igor" Mom said and he bowed before leaving the house.
"What was that, Roz?" Dad turned towards mom.
"The one who was standing right now... was not our Igor" She said the latter part while looking into my eyes as if trying to get answers.
"Huh?..." Dad looked in between mom and me.
"You will eventually know. Leave the matter for now, pls" Mom looked at him pleadingly and dad dropped the topic even if he had so many questions in his mind and they both walked away.

I was sitting on my bed with legs down and head in my hands, tugging my hair in frustration. I was dreading each and every word that I said to him and the look I saw in his eyes because of me. I was really, really anger with myself and just wanted to punish myself for hurting my Igor... but I know what kind if person he is and he will never forgive himself if I hurt myself.

I was so helpless for the first time in my life that I can't even go and stand beside him or protect him... I just hope my Igor comes back to me and I can say sorry to him a million times even if I have to beg for his love because...

You are my kryptonite, Igor.