Anastasia: Part Four

🌹Your comments, stickers, and votes make my day🌹

Gabriel

Approaching the ranch gates, the weight of my undisclosed truth grows, aware it could cost me everything: my Ana. Anticipation thickens with the impending revelation as I try to force this thought out of my mind. May's advice guides me to maintain composure.

The truth I carry, shrouded in darkness, resembles an approaching storm. The fear of Ana's reaction looms, and I fight the image of her face contorted in horror at the words that will reveal my secret.

I need to put a stop to these unsettling thoughts; a part of me believes that a demon like myself is incompatible with someone as inherently angelic and beautiful as Ana. I'm locked in a battle with the duality of my nature, a relentless struggle that weighs heavily on me.

Approaching the ranch, I spot John working with a stunning white and black Shire, towering at an impressive 17 hands tall. These magnificent creatures captivate me, a sight I haven't witnessed in years. John is working with the horse to acclimate him to the new arena. My attention shifts instantly to the porch upon hearing Ana's laughter, and I quicken my pace, leaving the earlier fearful thoughts behind on the road.

***

Dove and Ana

"Ana, look! I see your "Big man"  (She uses her hands to show an exaggerated example of his manhood) walking this way now!

Blushing, I first react with embarrassment, then playfully smack Dove. Desperation sets in as I'm about to scan for Gabriel, but Dove has already tricked me four times today. I'm not falling for it again

"Ana, do you remember that book we read about murderers being impaled on a massive wooden stake for their crimes?"

"I vaguely recall that story, but what does it have to do with me?"
Dove's laughter intensifies, and I seem to have missed the punchline.

With tears streaming down her face, Dove laughs, too hard to explain what's so amusing. Shaking my head, I turn my attention to John, who is working with my newest stallion, Bilasáana, which means Big in Navajo, and his name fits. He's humongous. I've nicknamed him Bill and eagerly anticipate riding this gentle giant; he's the friendliest horse I've ever had.

Glancing at Dove, who's still laughing and pointing toward the gate, I finally see him! Gabriel is approaching with a wide smile. I fuss at Dove, who has become a hyena by now, and I have to slap her arm to get her attention.

"Dove, how do I look?"

"Ana, you could be covered in pig slop, and he'd think you were the prettiest girl ever."

Gabriel chuckles and winks at me, and my heart does a cartwheel!

"Good afternoon, ladies. I'd have to agree with Dove; I would still find you beautiful covered in slop."
The girls begin to giggle, and then Dove stands and says

"I think I hear momma calling me."

As she takes off, I catch her making kissing faces at Ana, and I can't help but laugh.

"John was right when he said the two of you are just like sisters, and Dove is hilarious."

"Shh, don't let her hear that; she'll start telling horrible jokes."
Gabriel walks to my chair, leans down, takes my hand, and kisses it so softly it sends goosebumps up my arm and down my spine. Then he whispers,

"She is right. I would find you simply beautiful in anything, but I'd much rather see you in absolutely nothing."

"I don't even have the words to say anything back. I embarrassingly gulp very loudly, and my whole body blushes now. Gabriel sits next to me and begins to ask how my leg feels. I told him John had carried me out here that day, but I felt like I could stand. I have no pain. I tell him how my father said you are a miracle worker, and he smiles.
"So May tells me she is making a big dinner tomorrow night and has invited you."