He's Afraid of The Dark

Comenzar desde el principio

"Finally," It was the rough voice. Kronos.

"Why are you trying to drag Ki into this?"

"Oh yes, Malaki," Ayden didn't like the way Krono's voice echoed just around Malaki.

"What do you want with him?"

"I need him," Kronos chuckled. "I need you both. My family, I need my family back."

"We aren't your family."

"Then who is your family?" Ayden didn't have an answer. She wasn't a child of Ares anymore. He did not claim her anymore. An image appeared in front of her. Ayden had no body, there was no room. It was just an image. To her, it looked like an upside-down anchor.

"That is right. You have no one left. I can feel your emotions Ayden, I can feel your headache and the betrayal you feel from the gods. My children. They too have hurt me in unimaginable ways."

"This isn't a sob story."

"I just want you to understand—."

"I will never understand you, they may be bad—."

"They need to be destroyed and you know this. You know that they need to die for something else to be born! You said it to Hermes himself, that they are all selfish! You think just like me, Ayden! We are the same!"

"Stop! Stop saying that, we are not the same, not even—."

"But we are, my child. We are more alike than you will ever realize. You may not understand what's happening in Olympus, what they talk about when you're name is mentioned but I do," His voice echoed around her until it felt like she was suffocating on the words. A fire appeared in front of her. Ki was standing on the other side.

"Ayden." He looked terrified. She couldn't say anything. She reached up to her throat clawing at nothing. "Ayden!"

"She's thinking," Kronos mocked.

"Stop," Ki moved forward, but the flames rose around him scorching his hand as he leaned back. "Stop. Stop. I thought you said you needed us."

"I do." Ayden gasped as air finally made it back to her lungs. She coughed a little and stood up taller.

"Then why are you hurting us?" Ki asked. Ayden swallowed and gave him a faint nod.

"You aren't seeing the bigger picture here. You are after all only children, but I thought you would have been able to see it with your open minds."

"You will kill everyone." Ayden breathed.

"Yes, but something even better will be reborn. Isn't that what you want?"

"I don't want everyone to die!" Ki yelled at the darkness. Ayden didn't know how she saw it, but the darkness around Ki moved. It was moving slowly like it was analyzing Ki, like he was prey. "That isn't what we want and you know that."

"Ki—."

"Yes, but you will join me soon!" Kronos yelled out. Suddenly the fire and everything was smothered out by darkness. Ayden couldn't breathe. She couldn't move. She couldn't wake herself up. She was trapped in the darkness. She knew Ki was suffering a similar fate. Neither of them were connected or could speak to one another but they could feel their presence in the suffocating dark.

"Ayden." She gasped as her eyes shot open. Cameron and Percy were over her. She heard another gasp next to her as Ki also woke up. They both sat up taking in long deep breaths as they looked at each other. "What was that?" Percy asked as he touched her shoulder. She shook her head.

"Nothing good," Ki sighed. Annabeth pulled him forward until he was resting his forehead on her shoulder. Ayden reached up touching her neck.

"Ayden?" Cameron asked. She looked up at the redhead. "The dreams?"