Chapter 19

Keefe was in that secluded spot of the library. And what a good ditching spot it was, I mean, there was no Mentor to scold him and it was nice and quiet.

Keefe was leaned against the wall, hands in his pocket as he was patiently waiting for Tam to come along. His first lesson should have ended just a few minutes ago, so Tam should be here at any moment.

Just as Keefe thought that, he noticed Tam poke his head from around the corner of a bookshelf. Keefe smiled as Tam noticed him and went over to Keefe.
"Okay, why did you want us to ditch our second lesson?" Tam asked, his voice quiet so a Mentor wouldn't catch them ditching.

"Do you really have no idea?" Keefe questioned, tilting his head as he rested his hands on Tam's waist once Tam was close enough.
Tam rested his hands on Keefe's chest and smiled.
"You wanna make out?" Tam questioned.
"I wanna make out." Keefe nodded.
Tam rolled his eyes.

"Ah, that's all I am to you, some make out buddy?" Tam questioned as he reached up.
"Of course not." Keefe said softly, holding Tam closer to him.
"You're much more than that to me."
Before Tam could question what Keefe meant by that, Keefe pressed their lips together.

Tam melted into the kiss, his hands sliding up and behind Keefe's head, his fingers tangling themselves into Keefe's wild hair. Keefe's hands wrapped around to Tam's lower back and he gave Tam a gentle squeeze as he tilted his head.
Keefe had nearly forgotten how warm Tam's lips were, and Tam adored how sweet and gentle Keefe was when he kissed him like this. When they kissed, it all felt like a dream. A dream that Tam didn't want to wake up from.

Keefe pulled away, his lips only inches away from Tam's. Tam tilted his head in confusion.
"What?" Tam smiled at Keefe.
Keefe stared into Tam's eyes and he sighed softly, smiling as he rested his forehead against Tam's. Tam ran his fingers through Keefe's hair, very gently.

"You're just... so amazing." Keefe managed to whisper out.
"At kissing? Yeah, I know I am. " Tam said, with a grin on his face.
Keefe rolled his eyes.
"Well, I guess you're amazing at that, but I meant in general, you're amazing." Keefe said, smiling at Tam.
Tam couldn't help but smile back.

"We haven't even been dating for that long and you're already so cheesy." Tam said.
"I'm a hopeless romantic." Keefe grinned at Tam.

"... I like it better when you're not speaking." Tam said, tilting his head at Keefe.
Keefe frowned. "Wha-?"
Tam cut Keefe off with another kiss.
Keefe pulled away after a few moments and he smiled at Tam.
"Maybe I also like it better when I'm not speaking?" Keefe tilted his head at Tam.

Tam rolled his eyes.
"You're an idiot." Tam said.
"Yeah, your idiot though." Keefe grinned.
"Yeah, you're my idiot." Tam sighed out.
"Now I thought we were making out and not talking?"
As soon as Tam said that, Keefe began to kiss Tam again. Tam giggled into the kiss, smiling a lot as he kissed Keefe back.

Keefe pulled Tam in closer, their bodies pressed together as they continued to kiss. Tam's hands slid to Keefe's face and his fingers traced around Keefe's jawline, and tilting his head to deepen the kiss.

The two would've stayed like that forever until someone cleared their throat from behind them.

Tam and Keefe instantly pulled away and Tam hung his head low, feeling incredibly embarrassed as his entire face turned red. Keefe held Tam closer and Tam hid his face in Keefe's shoulder as Keefe nervously grinned at the prodigy who stood before them.

"... Hey, Sophh~" Keefe grinned nervously.
Sophie looked at Keefe and then at Tam.
"I was putting away some books and I thought I heard some whispers and kissing." Sophie said, crossing her arms.
"You're taking this whole... experimentation thing seriously, aren't you?"

Tam's breath hitched and he lifted his head. Keefe felt a sudden wave of negative emotions overcome Tam before Tam backed away from Keefe's touch.
Sophie noticed how Tam turned around and his face shown some hurt emotions.
"Uhm, wait-" Sophie began.
"I need to get to my lesson. I'll come up with an excuse for being so late." Tam mumbled, walking past Sophie.

Keefe frowned and he looked at Sophie.
"Seriously?" Keefe huffed.
"Okay, I know I just ruined your make out sesh but-" Sophie began.
"I do not care about that, I care that you made a comment which just broke my boyfriend's heart." Keefe scowled.
"Boyfriend-?!" Sophie scowled.
"Yes, boyfriend! Now, I'm going after him before he starts to think I do not care about him when I very much do!" Keefe exclaimed, storming off, walking past Sophie.

Keefe sped up his pace as he left the library and saw Tam running his fingers through his hair just a few feet ahead.
"Tam!" Keefe called.
Tam seemed to stop and he turned around, looking at Keefe. Keefe frowned as he approached Tam and saw how Tam's eyes were glistening.

"Hey, hey, c'mere." Keefe said softly, wrapping his arms around Tam.
Tam took a shaky breath as he hugged Keefe back and rested his chin on Keefe's shoulder.
Keefe pecked Tam's head and rubbed his back.
"You gonna tell me what's up, mmh?" Keefe asked softly.
Tam shook his head.

"Okay... you wanna light-leap away somewhere with me?"
Tam lifted his head and furrowed his eyebrows at Keefe. Keefe grinned at Tam.
"You want to?"
"... Okay." Tam nodded, a little hesitant.
Keefe let go of Tam and Tam sort of backed away from Keefe.

Keefe dug through his pockets for a crystal and he held it out. Keefe smiled at Tam as he placed his free hand out. Tam took Keefe's hand and Keefe interlocked their fingers.
Keefe raised the crystal up, and before the two were about to light leapt away, they heard someone about to scold them.
"Wha- where are you two going-?!" A mentor began.

Keefe quickly light-leapt away with Tam and the mentor scowled as he watched the two prodigies leave.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1046

A/N: one of these days I'm not going to make Sophie a bitch in these Kam fanfics. One of these days 🙏