Chapter 13

"Oh come on! You need to get out more!" Linh exclaimed.
Tam flipped to the next page of his book and glanced up at Linh.
"Linh, I am perfectly happy with our little friend group. And I am very happy with reading stories which aren't real to distract myself from reality and how horrible-" Tam began.

"Eugh, don't go on another rant about books being an escape from reality." Linh rolled her eyes.
"Your books aren't an escape from reality because they're all old classic literatures while mine are all fantastical!" Tam exclaimed.
Linh huffed as she grabbed the apple on her tray and took a bite into it.
"... Okay, you got me there..." Linh mumbled.

"Hey! Linh!"
Both Tam and Linh looked over and noticed Keefe there.
Keefe smiled at Linh and Linh smiled back.
"Hi Keefe." Linh said, waving at the Empath.
"Mind if I steal your brother for a minute?" Keefe asked, pointing at Tam.
"Erm-" Tam attempted to speak.

"Sure. Go on Tam, I'll protect your precious escape from reality." Linh smiled at Tam, placing her hand out for Tam's book.
Tam sighed and he shut his book once he placed a bookmark in it and handed it to Linh.
"You're the worst." Tam smiled as he got up from his seat.
"Awh, I know." Linh said, waving at Tam.

Tam looked at Keefe and Keefe nudged his head towards the exit of the cafeteria. Tam raised his eyebrows.
"Where are we going?" Tam asked as Keefe began to walk off.
"Somewhere more private. I need to talk to you." Keefe said, glancing at Tam to ensure he'd be following behind.
Tam hummed.
"... Right... okay..." Tam said, unsure what to think of this.

The two boys left the cafeteria and Linh watched them leave.
"Where'd Tam and Keefe go?"
Linh looked over to see Biana, Fitz and Dex there, sitting down at the table Linh was at.
Linh shrugged at Dex who asked the question.
"Keefe said he wanted to steal my brother away and off they went." Linh said.
"Must be serious, Keefe never wants to talk to Tam."

"... Well, uhm... Keefe broke up with Sophie like a week or so ago." Biana stated.
"And I think Keefe mentioned maybe talking to Tam to see if-"
Linh gasped.
"If Tam would experiment with him?" Linh questioned, leaning in towards Biana.
Biana nodded.

Fitz furrowed his eyebrows at his sister.
"Uh, and why did Keefe tell you this and not me?" Fitz questioned.
"Cause you and Dex have been busy with your little dates." Biana smiled at her brother.
Dex's cheeks burned bright red and Fitz's cheeks also became pink.
"... Ah..." Fitz cleared his throat.

~~~~~

Tam leaned against the wall as he looked about the bookshelves that surrounded them.
"I'm surprised you know about this place." Tam looked about.
"I mean, I know every corner of the library and know that this place is the best spot to read if you want peace and quiet."

Tam looked at Keefe who scoffed.
"I go to the library! Sometimes I just... kinda catch you here and follow you over here." Keefe mumbled, shrugging as he shoved his hands into his pockets.
Tam couldn't help but smile.
"You're an idiot." Tam stated.
"Yeah, everyone keeps telling me that nowadays..." Keefe sighed, shaking his head slightly.

"So, what did you want to talk about in private?" Tam asked.
Keefe bit his lower lip.
"Haah... right to the point, huh?" Keefe grinned nervously at Tam.
Tam raised his eyebrows.
"C'mon Keefe. What do you want to tell me?" Tam questioned, tilting his head.
Keefe took his hands from his pockets and sort of fiddled with his fingers.

"I broke up with Sophie about a week ago." Keefe said.
Tam's breath slightly hitched.
"Oh." Was all Tam could say.
Keefe nodded.
"Yeah, so uhm... I'm going to experiment with guys to figure myself out." Keefe said.
Keefe looked at Tam, unsure what to say now as Tam sort of blinked at him.