She's Your Sister!

Začať od začiatku

"You weren't scared of what you could do," Ayden asked as she stared at her palms.

"Oh I was horrified, but after my grandmother opened the closet to let me out. She took me in and helped me learn. She told me that it was always a part of me, so there was no reason to fear my own power. She knew me and I knew myself. It took a few years but I did realize she was write, there wasn't anything hidden from me, it was just a part of myself that I tried to shut out because I was scared, but it's always been with me so why be afraid of it, does that make sense?" Ki looked at the girls next to him. Ayden nodded as she clenched her hands.

"Yeah," Cameron nodded. "I will always say this, but if I ever see your father anywhere I might kill him." Ayden turned to look at her. That was the first time she'd heard Cameron threaten to kill someone before. "Don't give me that. I would."

"You know I would do the same for you," Ki shook his head. "Why are parents so awful to their children?"

"I don't know," Cameron muttered. Ayden sat there for a moment. Her nightmares have been torturing her every night.

"I'm the reason my mother killed herself," Ayden finally blurted out. The other two were silent for a moment.

"I'm sure that's not—."

"My father is to blame as well, but I'm the reason she couldn't handle our life anymore. I was too much to handle. She even said that before she died."

"You were a child Ayden, children can misbehave, you weren't the one that killed her. She's the selfish one who decided to throw away her responsibilities of being a mother." Ki was disgusted. He knew small amounts of Ayden's past. She would say things that would hint at her death, but he didn't know for sure.

"She never wanted children. She never wanted kids. My mother was a night nurse, she had a whole vision board of things she had wanted to do," Ayden explained as she stared at her hands. "I was a mistake. The only reason she kept me was because Ares had promised he would pay her for it. That once I was of age, she would be able to live her life alone once more. That she would never have to see my face again, but he had lied. He wasn't going to come back for me and I think she realized that and decided to take matters into her own hands." Ayden looked up into the sky. "I don't mean to trauma dump like that, but that part of me scares me. If I'm able to drive someone to suicide, what does that make of me?"

"Nothing because you were a child." Cameron reasoned. "Ayden, you're mother had her issues from Ares just like you originally thought. Don't blame yourself for your parent's actions."

"But I am one of my parent's actions. I'm their mistake. My mother said it and Ares has said it. So I'm just here."

"I can't say it's going to be the same thing with you, Ayden, but you've always had a pretty good handle on your emotions. From the first day I met you, I realized that because Clarisse would have pummeled me into the ground for talking to her like I did." Ki joked. He was trying to cheer Ayden up, but she didn't even smile. She closed her eyes and let the rain drip down her face. "I know you might think you're past makes the thing inside of you deadly and dark, but it's a part of you and the more danger you give to it, the harder it will be to accept." Cameron leaned her head over onto Ayden's shoulder.

"I know—." A loud explosion went off behind them. The three shot up.

"Thalia," Cameron muttered as she moved forward.

"What? What's wrong with the tree, I thought it was the explosion?" Ki asked as we moved back inside the barrier. Cameron touched the tree.

"That too, but," She moved around the trunk of the tree. "We have to get Chiron." Another explosion and then screams.