Kindred Spirit

Kate walked into the compound doing a little dance and a little squeal making all the Avengers turn their heads towards her. Steve walked over to her "Kate what's going on you seem so happy!" he asks as he gives her a quick kiss. Kate responds instantly deepening the kiss before pulling away. "Oh just that my best friend Camie is finally coming to visit New York!" answers Kate with a huge grin on her face. "That's great Kate, know it's been awhile since you have seen her" said Steve. Kate nods "It's been 3 yr since I moved here so it will be really great to see her again" said Kate. Tony stood up "Well we will have to have a party for her coming here and she will totally have stay here at the tower with of course" said Tony with a grin. Kate's eyes widened "Oh no Tony there's no need to go do that Camie is pretty chill and easy going" she says shaking her head. Tony just shakes his head "No we need to celebrate her especially after all she has done" says Tony with a huge grin.

Bucky who had been quite looked over "What has the Camie girl done?" asks Bucky. Kate looks down and then sighs "She was there for me when everyone else turn their backs on me after my accident and gave me place to stay until I moved here. She didn't see a freak just she just saw me as her friend like she always had done I don't know where I would be without her" said Kate quickly wiping the tear from her eyes. Kate had been exposed to a meteorite that had given her powers of purple energy similar to Wanda's. Friends and family had wanted nothing to do with her but Camie her best friend since their sophomore year of high school.

"Actually she coming to celebrate her birthday..." pauses Kate her eyes widened with excitement "She and Bucky share a birthday! We can celebrate together!" says Kate with excitement in her voice. Bucky shake his head "I don't do parties or celebrate my birthday Kate" says Bucky gruffly. Kate walks over to him " Oh come on Bucky you're going to just love Camie! She is so kind and is so much fun and you have so much in common!" says Kate clapping her hands. Nat just laughs "What is she grumpy and have a staring problem?" ask Nat with a chuckle and everyone laughs as well but Bucky narrowing his eyes at Nat.

Kate just shakes her head "No they both want what's best for the people they care about and will stand for what is right and share the same taste in music and have biggest hearts ever and they both love JRR Tolkien" says Kate.
Sam smirks "Oh they sound like prefect soulmate if you ask me" says Sam. Bucky shakes his head but Kate nods "Oh you would be prefect together, Oh Sam that's the best idea ever!" squeals Kate. Bucky punches Sam in the arm. "No setting us up Kate and Sam shut the hell up" snapped Bucky. Bucky stood up and walked out the common room without saying another word. Sam shook his head "Too bad it would be nice to see Buckles with someone and not mopping around" said Sam. Kate just smirked "Oh I think Mr. Mopey will be singing a different tune when he meets Camie" said Kate. Steve came behind Kate wrapping his around her and giving her a kiss on the top of her head. "Sweetheart I hope you know what you're doing?" whispered Steve. Kate just nodded "Oh I think they are more than soulmates they are Kindred Spirits" answered Kate.

A week later and few days before Bucky's and Camie's birthday Steve and Bucky were sitting in the kitchen together just coming in from a run. The elevator doors open to voices talking excitedly. Bucky turn to see Kate and a woman he had never meet before. Kate walked over to them "Camie can I introduce to my boyfriend Steve Rogers and James Barnes but everybody calls him Bucky, boys this is Camille Logan or Camie my very best friend in the world" said Kate smiling. Steve walked forward "It's so nice to meet you Camie, Kate has told me so much about you I feel like we are already friends" said Steve shaking her hand. Camie just smiled shook his hand "Only good things I hope and nothing embarrassing" answered Camie. Kate just got a wicked grin and shook her head "Of course only good things and I have kept our secrets" said Kate. Steve gave her an odd look but just pulled her in for a hug and Kate just shook her head " Eww no you're all gross and sweaty" she giggled and that just made Steve laugh and pull her tighter. "I thought you like me all sweaty sweetheart" said Steve. Kate blushed red "Steven Rogers" she cried out.

Camie just laughed and shook her head "Are they always this lovely dovey with each other?" asked Camie. Bucky who had been totally silent finally broke out his haze. "Oh yeah" he asked quietly. Bucky couldn't believe this women standing be for him was stunning with her rich brown hair and bright hazel eyes and her smile lightened up the whole room. "Well boys I am going to help get Camie settled in her room and maybe later we can go site seeing and maybe lunch" said Kate. Bucky nodded "I would love to show you around New York doll" said Bucky with a huge grin on his face. Camie return his smile "I am sure you know only the best places around town" replied Camie. Bucky "Of course only the best for pretty dolls like yourself" said Bucky with a grin. Camie blushed and Kate laughed " Well we see you later boys" said Kate pulling Camie back to the elevator.

The elevator door closed and Steve just punched Bucky's shoulder. "Hey pal you can close your mouth now she gone" said Steve with laugh. Bucky closed his mouth "Shut up Steve" snapped Bucky. "Whatever Bucky you got it bad and you might want to wipe that chin of yours there a little drool there" said Steve pointing to Bucky's chin. Bucky rolled his eyes but quickly wiped his chin just in case.

They were walking in Central Park and taking about whole bunch of different topics. The difference been 40's and now books and movies. "Kate says you love Tolkien?" asked Bucky running his hand through his hair. Camie nodded " Yes I love the rich world and deep storytelling he has in world the description is so vivid and it can build the imagination, I don't know how many times I got lost in reading those books like I actually was there along with all the characters" answered Camie. Bucky smiled "I know what you mean his stories are so unforgettable and stay with you forever I mean when I first read The Hobbit it totally made forget the bad things that were happening in real life" said Bucky sighing. Camie nodded "Have you seen the movies?" she asked. Bucky shook his head "No are they any good?" asked Bucky. Camie did a shrug "The Lord of the Rings are amazing especially the extend versions but they weren't that faithful to The Hobbit ones don't get me wrong they're good just added to much that wasn't in the books so it lacks the brilliance of Tolkien" answered Camie. Bucky just nodded "Well doll I guess we will have to watch them together while your here" said Bucky grabbing her hand and heading back towards the tower. Kate and Steve were surprised by Bucky's jester but followed behind them.

It was during the Two Towers that Bucky got brave and wrap his left arm around Camie pulling her close and she just curled into laying her head on his shoulder neither saying a word. Steve eyes widened in surprise since Bucky was sensitive about his metal arm but Camie didn't seem to mind and it was nice to see him so relaxed. Later that night after the movies and dinner Bucky walked Camie to her room. "Hey doll I was wondering if you would be my date to the party tomorrow night I mean if you don't want too I..." he mumbled but Camie cut him off with a quick kiss on his cheek "Bucky I would love to be your date, I can't think a better way to celebrate our birthday then with you" she answered. Bucky let out a huge smile "Alright I will see you later then doll have a good night" said Bucky. "You too Bucky" said Camie walking into her room and closing the door. Bucky touched his cheek and smiled for once in very long time he was very excited to celebrate his birthday. He felt like he finally found a Kindred Spirit in Camie someone who would accept him no matter what and he soul finally felt peace.

Author note: I would like to dedicate this to my best friend Camie who has been there and accepted me no matter what. She truly one few kindred spirits I have found in my life! Thank you Camie!