Never

Hannah Banner stood at the bar drinking a drink that Nat had made her a few moments earlier. Her eyes keep around the room trying avoid him but then his hardy laugh filled her ears and made her soul ache. She turned her head towards the sound and saw him laughing with his whole face light up as he was talking with Sam and Bucky.  From the first moment Hannah laid eyes on Steve Roger he had captured her heart. He was so sweet and kind they had formed a fast friendship. She had helped him adjust the modern world and he had helped come out her shell. Within months Hannah had fallen in love with him but didn't dare tell him because it might ruin their friendship. So she had remained silent for the past 6 yrs in love with him being nothing more the his best friend. He had his missions and she would help with Tony with technology and also her brother Bruce with science behind some of the stuff the Avengers found on the missions.

Time was limited with him but she loved their movie nights even if it was with others around she had also grown close to Bucky as well they sometimes did things all together. "You really should tell him how you feel Hannah" said a voice behind her, Hannah turned to see Nat standing behind her sipping a drink of her own. Hannah fumbled a bit spilling a bit of her drink on her dress. Nat just chuckled and just handed her a napkin "Tell him and stop being so miserable" said Nat again. Hannah looked down "But what if he doesn't feel the same" replied Hannah. Nat looked over at Steve sighed a little "Well he'd be an idiot but then you can move on and with someone who definitely see your worth" replied Nat gave her small smile. Hannah just rolled her eyes and looked over at Steve and Bucky who at the same moment caught her eye both smiled at her and Bucky gave a little wave. Hannah waved back and moved towards them she was half way across the room when Tony and Bruce stopped her. "Hey little green how do you like the party?"  asked Tony. Hannah laughed "The party is just same as always Tony absolutely fabulous" said Hannah in a sarcastic tone. Bruce smirked and Tony rolled his eyes Hannah was talking to Bruce when she noticed Sharon Carter walk over to Steve and start talking and being very touchy her heart dropped "Excuse me Bruce" said Hannah quickly she walked away leaving her brother quite surprised.

Hannah was close to hear Sharon "Great Steve I will see you on Saturday say 8" she said with smile. Steve smiled back "Great I can't wait" replied Steve. Hannah stopped and hid behind the pillar trying not to cry as her heart broke. Finally she was able to compose herself and was about come out when she heard "Really Sharon? Is that really wise she is Peggy's great niece isn't that a little weird?" asked Bucky. Hannah heard Steve laugh "I think it's great she beautiful and smart" replied Steve. Bucky scoffed "I don't know Steve something off about her besides what about Hannah?" asked Bucky in a serious tone. "What about Hannah?" asked Steve back. Sam laughed "Are blind man that women is head over heels in love with you" said Sam. Hannah start to breathe rapidly at Sam statement but she couldn't move and she had hear Steve's response. "No I am not blind but I never dare date her not in million years I mean she a great friend but who could want her when you could have have someone like Sharon Carter who is beautiful and an excellent agent there is no way Hannah can compare" laughed Steve. Tears were freely flowing down Hannah's face. She stepped around the pillar her heart breaking as she turn the corner. Bucky's eyes widen to see her there. Steve continued "Hannah maybe smart but sometimes a man wants something nice to look at and Hannah is as plain as someone can be..." said Steve but his was interrupted by Bucky pushing him out the way to get to Hannah who was frozen. "Shut-up Steve" snapped Sam looking behind him with look of horror on his face seeing Hannah. Steve turned to see what had his friends were looking at and saw Hannah his face drain of color when he saw her. Bucky was at her side putting a comforting arm around her as she cried into him. Steve grimaced "Hannah...I...didn't mean" mumbled Steve. Hannah pulled away from Bucky walking straight up to Steve with a fierce look on her face "Oh I think you did Rogers well it's good to know what you think of plain old me and I hope you have a fabulous time with Carter just ask Rumlow and Sitwell and good half Shield cause Carter certainly showed them a fabulous time" snapped Hannah walking way. Steve reached out grabbing her "Hannah wait" he said sadly. Hannah pulled away "Never touch me and talk to me matter of fact Rogers act like we have NEVER meet" yelled Hannah and she stormed out. Bucky looked at Steve "When you took the serum you really did take all the stupid with you" said Bucky and walked away following Hannah. Steve looked over at Sam who just shook his head and walked away. Steve looked around saw Nat glaring at him as she was holding Bruce back who had a greenish tint to his skin and Tony shaking his head "Oh Capiscle you're going wish you had never woken up from your frozen nap " he snapped.