Any Dream

Whitney loved musicals and would go to a broadway show any chance that she could. The other Avengers would just shake their heads as she would play musical soundtracks in the tower and whenever it was a movie night and it was her turn to pick out of movie Hairspray, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Greatest Showman were some of the newer ones they had watched. Then she pulled out some older ones like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Oklahoma, which Steve loved.

Soon most of the Avengers were suggesting different musicals that they all could enjoy together Natasha picked  Rent and Bruce wanted The King and I. Steve loved The Wizard of OZ because he remembered seeing it the theaters when it first came out and loved he watch it whenever he wanted. Thor loved so Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory he was super disappointed that the factory didn't exist. Wanda was crazy about Dancing in the Rain. Tony to everyone's surprise loved Grease. Bucky favorite was Calamity Jane which made Whitney and Nat tease him to no end. Sam loved Cinderella Whitney caught him singing Impossible one day while working out in the Gym. The only one who wasn't on the musical bandwagon was Clint he would just sit there in silence as others would sing a long and roll his eyes when someone would suggest a musical movie and a lot of the time would fall asleep during the movie.

One day Whitney was at a thrift store and just happened upon DVD copy of Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. She smiled at the thought watching of this movie with the group the next movie night. A few days later the group had gathered in the theater room in the tower. "So what movie is it tonight?" asked Wanda as she popped some popcorn corn in her mouth. Clint just sighed "Oh let me guess some musical I swear we have seen every single one" he snapped. Whitney just smirked at Clint and rolled her eyes "We haven't watched this one yet Birdman" she laughed as she pressed play and sat down next to him. "We haven't watched this one I promise" she whispered. He just sighed and focused on the screen.

As the movie started Whitney just smiled as the music began to play she hadn't heard this music in years but she began to sing along and Clint groaned. As the door opened and in walked Joseph and he sang
"I closed my eye, drew back the curtains to see for certain. What I thought I knew, Far far away someone was weeping, But the world was sleeping. Any Dream will do. I wore my coat with golden lining, bright colors shining wonderful and new" sang Joseph. Whitney was humming along when it came to the chorus of the song and a sound came from Clint "ahh" he hummed melodious . Zoe stopped the movie and everyone groaned "Lady Zoe why did you stop the movie that singer sounds like an Angel who is he?" asked Thor. "That's Donny Osmond he was a singer from the 70's he was in a group called the Osmonds" answered Whitney. "Okay that's great everyone knows about the Osmonds, Whit but why did you stop the movie?" asked Sam. Whitney looked at Clint who was looking at his hands "I swear I heard Clint singing along" answered Whitney. Everyone started to laugh Tony shook his head " You must be hearing things little sister he maybe a bird but he definitely isn't as songbird" laughed Tony. Whitney shook her head "Actually I think there is more to Hawkeye than meets the eye" said Whitney. Clinton stood up "Yeah no I don't sing I am going to bed you all enjoy this" said Clint walking out quickly before anyone could reply.

Whitney was slightly surprised how quickly he left and was so focused on him that she jumped a little when Thor sat in Clint's spot "Hey Lady Whitney can we finish this movie please" asked Thor. Hi Whitney pressed play and watched the movie but couldn't help but think of Clint and made it made fall even deeper in love with him.

After saying good night to everyone she went to her floor that she shared with Nat and Clint. She heard  music softly playing  and it was coming from Clint's room. She knew that if she opened the door he would hear her so she went into her room and got into the vent like he had taught her she quickly moved to his room. There  she saw Clint singing and his voice was amazing "A crash of drums a flash of light my golden coat flew out of sight, the colors faded into darkness I was left alo......." He sang dramatically reaching out his arms like he actually lost the coat.

Whitney busted up laughing just full on belly laughing this made Clint jump and looked up. "Come out now Stark" said Clint in an annoyed tone. Whitney kicked the vent opened and jumped down into Clint's room giving him a smirk. Clint shook his head "What the hell Stark why were you up in the vents?" he asked sounding even more annoyed. Whitney just laughed "Well I heard an unusual noise coming from your room and I thought that was the best way to see what was going on and boy do you know how to put on a show Mr. Osmond I always thought you more of a Rock of Ages type " snickered Whitney.
Clint huffed and got super close to Whitney almost pinning her to the wall and whispered in her ear " You will not speak about this to nobody do understand or I will tell everyone what happened in Budapest" he said gruffly.

Whitney's mind went blank to have him so close, she could feel his breathe on her neck and smell him like bourbon and vanilla it was intoxicating. "Do you understand Whit" he growled. Whitney just nodded nobody could know what happened in Budapest. "Glad we understand each other Stark" he said as he pushed away from the wall. "Now I am going to bed and I will see you a 5 am for a little sparing" Clint snapped. Whit just rolled her eyes and groaned. "Whatever Barton" she snapped back. Clint just smirked "Sweet dreams Stark" he answered back. "Why sweet dreams when Any Dream will do!" she sang and walked the door.

Author note: I watched this movie so many times as a child! My mom loved the Osmonds and kinda passed that love to me and I won't deny it!