Little Man

Spring 1981...
She looked around the small bedroom decorated in blues and whites. The music on the radio was softly playing as she adjusted the little clothes in the drawer. She smiled to herself as picked up a little blue onesie and held up to her round stomach "Soon little one and I can't wait to meet you" said the women. A small kick from her stomach made her laugh. Just then a song came on the radio that she loved, so she turned it up. The beat and the rhythm made her start to sway and move about the room I am coming out, I am coming out, I am coming out... all of sudden the baby went crazy as she moved. She started to laugh and held her stomach as she danced some more I am coming out, I want the world to know sang Diana Ross. " I guess you are little man, I can't wait till I dance with you on the outside" smiled the women.

A few years later... the women looked at the window and smiled at three of her children playing in their backyard running through the sprinklers one was missing.... She set the towel down and walked to the door. She stuck her head out "Carly have you seen Chris any where?"she asked her oldest daughter. Carly looked up and pointed to the side of the house "He's over there Ma" Carly replied then went back to playing with her younger siblings. Lisa walked out and went to the side of the house to see Chris sitting on the grass with his head in his lap and his radio playing the latest Disney soundtrack playing. She walked over and sat down beside him. Chris looked up at her with  his beautiful blue eyes filled with tears it broke her heart. "Oh my little man what's wrong?" Lisa asked as she pulled in for a hug. "Some of the other kids made fun of me for dancing to Disney they said it was for babies" he cried in little broken hearted voice. Lisa just shook her head "Oh little man don't listen to them if dancing to Disney song makes you happy then dance, and remember Walt Disney himself said "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" said Lisa with a smile at her son.
Chris looked at her with his wide blue eyes "That mean I never have to stop loving Disney right Ma I can even wike it when I am old like you?" he asked. Lisa laughed "Yes, my little man you can like Disney forever" she replied. Chris jumped up and started to dance "Ma, dance with me!" shouted Chris as he turned up the music Why should I worry? Why should I care? And even when I cross that line, I got street savoir-faire. Whoo, Whoo, Whoo, whoo," sang Chris as he moved around the yard. Lisa jump up and gathered Chris in arms and sang and danced along happy to her little man was smiling and dancing again.

Ten years later....
Lisa was waiting in the front room when Chris walked into the house looking very handsome his tux. She smiled "So how was the dance? Did you have fun?" she asked. Chris smiled and nodded "Yeah Ma, it was so much fun and Kate looked so pretty in her dress, I really had fun dancing the night away" Chris replied with a smile. Lisa walked over to her son and gave him a hug " Well I am glad you had so much fun and you look so grown up and handsome in that Tux of yours" said Lisa happily. Chris just nodded but then walked over to the stereo and turn on to song that had put in the cd player earlier Kenny Loggins started to play and Chris walked over to his Ma who looked at him confused as he held out his hand to her. "Come on and dance with me I had to save the last dance for my best girl" said Chris simply as he pulled in for a dance. They dance for few moments and humming along to the song that they had dance together so many times before when Chris sang "It's hard to explain how a few precious things, Seem to follow throughout all our lives and Lisa joined him the next verse "After all said and done, I was watching my son sleeping there with my bear by his side"  they finished the song and Chris pulled his mom in for a hug. "Thanks Ma for always being there no matter what" said Chris. Lisa just nodded "Always my little man" replied Lisa.

Quite a few years later....
Lisa was sitting at a table talking to son Scott "Ma that the ceremony was beautiful and Chris is looked so happy I am so glad he finally found someone" he said happily. Lisa smiled as she looked out at her eldest son who was leading his new wife to the dance floor the song began to play and familiar notes began to play I See the Light. Scott just laughed "Of course they choose a Disney song for their first dance" said Scott shaking his head. A few moments later Chris had the microphone in hand "Can I get everyone's attention I am so grateful for everyone here today especially my Ma she has always be there and encouraged me to pursue my dreams and I know I wouldn't be where I am today without her and Ma has taught me that It's okay to do what we love  and what makes us happy and we may have to grow old but we never have to grow up and we must always dance so Ma come dance with me" he said holding out his hand. The crowd cheer as Lisa walked up her son. Pooh Corner began to play and they dance. Lisa smiles and Chris smiles back "I am so proud and happy for you Chris she truly is amazing" said Lisa. Chris just smiled looked over at his beautiful bride "I know I am a lucky man" he responds then looks back his mom. "She is very lucky too, she has man who will love her with everything he has and will support and protect her with all that he can, Chris you truly an amazing man" Lisa says smile. "And it's all because of you, I love you Ma" he replies. Lisa just looks up into those blue eyes that are so much like her's. "I love you too my little man" says Lisa with a smile as the continued to dance like they always had.

Author's note : this was inspired by the song Her Little Man by Jamie Grooms. I just put a little Chris into it!!

Marvel Images and other stories जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें