Week 5: Pathological Nightmares And Unnerving Attacks

(3rd Person POV)

This wasn't something they were expecting. One moment, The Harvester was soaring through the darkened skies, hiding among the lavender clouds looming above what still remains of Starlight City, and spying down in order to locate any remaining survivors that have managed to last this long. Then without warning, the sky become nothing but static, lights began to flicker and go out in an instant, the air became still as stone, and the unsettling feeling of something going wrong was formed in the stomach of the winged jester.

They soon landed on the rooftop of a skyscraper to catch their breath and try to think of the reason behind the sudden occurrence, only for it to disappear just after 5 minutes of arriving. This left The Harvester more confused as before, as their mind frantically tried to come up with explanations for this. They knew about myths of being able to alter reality, and the danger it poses to everything, but there's no proof of such feats even being possible! So what happened?! Eventually, their mind came to two possible answers: Either a demon more stronger than they are has now entered the game...

...Or an anomaly has entered through a rift of sorts.

As they continued to sit on the ledge of the skyscraper, carefully thinking about which option would be the most likely to be correct, The Harvester soon picked up the sounds of footsteps behind them, and turned around to face the Lemon Demon slowly walking over to join him. Despite the fact that his face has been forced into a constant smile due to the corruption on him, one look into his eyes shows he's just as confused about the situation as his partner.

Lemon Demon: I had a feeling you'd be up here, since skyscraper rooftops prefer to be your favourite view point.

Harvester: (silently glares) You're one to talk about disappearances. Ever since the unsuccessful attack on the fleeing train, you've vanished for quite a while. Care to explain where you've snuck off to?

Lemon Demon: Apologises for my uninformed vanishing, but I was picking up any info on if any fools from the outside world would attempt to break into our land and try to save the small number of survivors.

Harvester: (intrigued) And your results?

Lemon Demon: (his smile grows) Two figures will be attempting to sneak in undetected by entering through the sewers, and this duo of troublemakers might be a pair that you recognize. Here, let me show you.

The Lemon Demon then pulled out a picture, showing just the two figures that would be soon entering the destroyed Starlight City, as The Harvester takes the picture with his hands and stares intensely at it. No words are exchanged as an ominous silence fills the rooftop, but the fruit-headed monster can instantly tell what his partner is thinking as he sees The Harvester's glowing white eyes begin to disperse into darkness.

Under that mask, The Harvester is grinning like they've never been more ecstatic in their life before...

Before The Harvester could give his partner any orders involving this new piece of glorious information, both of them feel a third presence now arriving to them, and turn to its incoming direction. Flying up to the rooftop appears to be the Corrupted Boyfriend, being carried by the Corrupted Girlfriend. Judging by their frantic movements, they seem to have something urgent to tell them.

Harvester: The both of you are back a little later than expected? Has the attack not gone as it should have been?

Corrupted BF: (lands) No, our masters. While we were prepared to get the jump on them, we unexpectedly ran into another straggler, that being the cursed Russian that holds a unremovable grudge towards the demon that owns Starlight City.