Week 4: Detected Anomalies

(3rd Person POV)

Deep in the dark alleyways, both Mommy Mearest and (Y/N) (the latter currently having his body being controlled by Spirit) are traversing through them as fast as they can move. After having to form a temporary with some of the corrupted army in order to apprehend an insane Whitty, they were graciously given some time to run away while their exploding friend is unconscious (and fully corrupted).

So far, they have made it a good distance away from them, and are trying to catch up to both Hex and Julian, who have ran off in hopes of finding shelter for them, as well as hopefully finding others who are currently hiding from those that are infected. After running past a few more abandoned and ruined structures, the two decide to take a quick breather in one of the alleyways.

Mommy Mearest: (taking deep breaths) It's only been a few hours since we fled, and I'm already exhausted. Don't those freaks ever run out of stamina?

Spirit (Y/N): Afraid not. Since The Harvester and that other demon want an army that could not only spread through contact, sound waves, and emotions, but also on that'll never have to pause for even a slight second. So, they created their corruptive substance to give their vessel a few traits. One of those being unlimited stamina. The others are more primarily for offence and spreading their plague, but from what I've observed, they seem to be becoming slightly defensive recently.

Mommy Mearest: (confused) Really? How so?

Spirit (Y/N): Well, from (Y/N)'s perspective, when he and two close friends were fighting that ginger with the guns, they were able to help him gain control of his body again, while also removing most of the corruption off him. In a similar vein, the corruption seemed to be erased off you the moment the boy reminded you of both your life before the infection began, and your husband.

Mommy Mearest: So what you're saying is that you need to have a strong connection to their opponent in order for any chance of freeing them, right? If that's the case, then why didn't it work for Whitmore and his little girlfriend?

Spirit (Y/N): Whitmore's heart may be strong, but his emotions were a mess. His fear of permanently losing those he formed a connection with is a major example. The negative side of his Pathos become stronger than his Logos, and allowed the corruption to consume him.

Mommy Mearest took a moment to take all that information in. While she hasn't experienced that with her henchmen, since they were just hired demons, what would happen if she faced her daughter, or even her husband?! Would she fall just as quickly as Whitty did? Sensing the feeling of fear and panic overtaking her body, Spirit (Y/N) put a calming hand on the demons shoulder, which got Mommy Mearest to look over to him.

Spirit (Y/N): Do not be afraid, Charlotte Dearest. Your husband is safe, and deeply wishes for your safety. As for your daughter, while I admit she is a powerful force to be weary of, as long as you keep your mind positive and your emotions balanced, she may be freed sooner than later.

Mommy Mearest: (smiles) Thanks for those words. You know, you aren't that bad of a ghost or human.

Spirit (Y/N): (politely bows) That's how I was raised back when I was originally human. Now let's get moving again. I have a feeling that they're growing closer by the minute.

The female demonic pop-star gives the spirit-infused boy a nod as they stand right back up and continue on running, using the shadows of the dark alleyway as a form of avoiding detection, should anybody infected happens to be in the same area as them. Soon enough, they find themselves with different pathways to choose from. Both Spirit (Y/N) and Mommy Mearest give a nod to the other, and each split off to find the correct path.