Week 3: Remove Our Traces, Cover Our Tracks

(3rd Person POV)

After escaping the Starlight City badlands and the Corrupted Army, the small resistance of survivors are now parked at a quiet gas station, where there's plenty of gas to fill up their vehicles, and enough resources to keep anyone hungry or thirsty satisfied for a few good days. Currently, Dee Jay and the Thugmen are filling up the vehicles, Skittles and Garcello are grabbing whatever edible food or drinks they can find in there, and (Y/N) is having a talk with Sarvente and Agoti.

Sarvente: So, how much longer until we reach Starlight City?

Agoti: Well, from here, it's about another hour from here, more or less.

Sarvente: That's a relief.

(Y/N): Don't worry, Sarv. When we get back home, maybe we can hopefully find someplace safe to rest.

Sarvente: (sighs) I hope the same, (Y/N).

Dee Jay: Hey, (Y/N)! Could you come here for a moment?

(Y/N): Uh, alright, Dee Jay. (looks to the others) Guess we'll continue our conversation another time, guys.

Agoti: Yeah, you go deal with whatever that demon dancer wants.

(Y/N) gives Agoti a nod and heads over to Dee Jay, who is in the middle of filling up the limo with some gasoline.

Dee Jay: Hey, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hey, Dee Jay. You said you wanted to talk to me about something, may I ask what it is?

Dee Jay: Okay. So, earlier when you were dealing with an entire army, most of them where unconscious by the time we arrived, and the only corruption you had on you was on your arms. ((Y/N) looks down at them) And a few minutes later, when trying to escape the Corrupted Tankman and his partner, Skittles told me that you summoned a shadow wall to block their cannonball and their charge. Care to explain that?

(Y/N): (is silent for a moment) To be honest, Dee Jay, I have no clue how to explain it. One minute, I find myself apprehended by Tankman's corrupted army, and the next, I find an army of shadows right by my side, fighting them off. I was actually wondering if you knew anything about this.

Dee Jay: Well, before I tell you what I may know, can I ask another question? ((Y/N) gives him a nod) Did you notice any changes to your own body when using those shadow powers?

(Y/N): (thinks for a moment) Well, I noticed my veins glowed white for a moment.

Dee Jay: Yeah, Skittles informed me of that, as well as saying your eyes glowing the same colour. Now, I believe that you've gained some form of power, but the only way to do that is by either being a demon or angel, or one of the two species giving you some of their energy. Have you ever came into contact with another demon or angel, besides the Dearests, me, Agoti, or that nun?

(Y/N): (thinks for a moment) No, I don't think that I've even seen another demon or angel besides you guys.

Dee Jay: Alright, so that's off the list. (sighs) Well, I unfortunately have no clue on how you got those abilities, kid, but if they ever show up again, slightly stronger than before, just let me know. I'll try to find out why you got it.

(Y/N): (nods) Thanks, Dee Jay.

Skittles: (runs over) Sorry to interrupt on this talk, but we need to get out of here quick! Look!

Skittles points into the distance, where not only some dust clouds can be seem growing, but the familiar glowing pink faces of the corrupted army getting closer and closer. Seeing this, Dee Jay called for everyone to hop back into their vehicles and flee while they still can, with Dee Jay, Agoti, Sarvente, Darnell, Nene, and Garcello getting into the limo, and the Thugmen, Skittles, (Y/N), Hanzou, and Sunday getting into the large truck, before speeding off back to Starlight City.