Chap_22. Regret

Akash's P.O.V.

At night, I informed Mack about Arnav. They reached the hospital within half an hour being all worried. Remaining there for a while with me, they left as just one person was allowed to stay with Arnav at night.

By the time Arnav got awaken, it was already morning. He was still looking pale. I informed Khushi that I would be late for office.

I wanted to call uncle Kevin, Arnav's Dad but Arnav stopped me as uncle was out of town for a business trip and he didn't want to get him worried.

Mack and Rivan got into the cabin after few moments. Seeing Arnav all okay now, they also felt relieved.

Doctor checked on Arnav again and suggested him to get rest for at least two days. We suggested him to stay in the hospital but at last listened to him and completing formalities, we left the hospital building and forwarded towards his place when it was almost noon.

We four were together after a long time and so thinking of past times we started gossiping happily about random things.

Then to my utter surprise Khushi got into our sight out of nowhere and getting me all taken aback Mack got uttering all these.

For a moment I couldn't think of anything and got my head down as I felt Khushi's gaze on me. By the time I got myself together and looked up, she was already leaving.

I knew she was hurt. I kept calling her but she didn't even turn back to us for once.

I turned to Arnav who was also standing being all puzzled and sad. I heard myself uttering, "What should I do now?"

I couldn't get mad at Mack. It wasn't his fault actually. I would have done the same if I were in his shoes.

Mack got uttering again, "What's going on actually? What are you talking about, Akash?"

"You go. Talk to her. I am okay. Don't worry." Hearing Arnav saying this, I turned to Mack and spoke up, "Take Arnav home. I need to go."

"What's the matter with you guys?"

I heard Rivan uttering but without bothering that, I rushed to my car and drove away.

I kept calling Khushi only to get ignored. She wasn't answering my calls as expected.

"Where should I go first?"

Giving it a good thought, I forwarded towards home. Arriving there though I didn't get to see her car but still with a hope I entered.

Mom was in the kitchen. Seeing me, she spoke up, "How's Arnav now, Akash?"

I tried to act calm as I uttered, "He is okay now Mom." Before I could ask about Khushi, Mom again got uttering, "Thanks goodness. Why did he do that yesterday! He should have just told us."

I asked without bothering much, "Has Khushi gotten back home, Mom?"

"No. She should be in office now. Why isn't she?" Mom was speaking like all obvious but at last ended up asking a question to me.

I thought for a moment what to answer her.

How will Mom react if she gets to know all these! I wondered.

"What is it, Akash? Where is Khushi?" Mom looked worried.

I answered calmly, "I just got back from the hospital. So, I asked casually about Khushi."

Mom smiled a little as she spoke up, "She must be in office now. You get freshen up and eat something before you go to the office."

I rushed out of the mansion as I got uttering, "No, Mom. I need to leave right now. I have gotten something important to do." Giving mom no chance to say something to stop me.

I got in my car and forwarded towards the office while praying to see her there. But she wasn't there. I became clueless about where she would have gone.

I searched few places where we went together but got disappointed. Arnav called me for few times but I couldn't answer it.

I was feeling all guilty. All my efforts went in vain. I should have told her all these by myself and asked for her forgiveness long ago.

If only I had done that, this day wouldn't have come like this. It was getting evening but still, there was no sign of her.

I couldn't make it to go home rather I got to my office. I sat on my chair and leaning against it, I closed my eyes.

Arnav's POV.

Akash left after Khushi leaving me puzzled. I was trying to get everything normal. But for me, everything got ruined. Khushi was hurt again so was Akash.

I got into the car following Rivan without bothering to answer their questions.

Arriving home, I asked them to leave me alone as I was in no mode to talk to them after whatever happened.

I didn't know what they understood but they left. I called Akash for few times but he didn't answer.

I could guess he didn't find Khushi. Everything was happening because of me. I shouldn't have done all these.

I shouldn't have done this to Khushi not at least after knowing her. I should have stopped when I understood my feelings.

I read somewhere, "We can generally predict the start of things but we can't generally predict the end of them."

In my case it was opposite. I had to experience the end of things many times in my short life.

I hesitated to start this because I was afraid of it coming to an end. I thought she was a woman after all and she would also leave me at some point as that woman did to Dad.

That's why the moment I realized my feelings for her, I tried to push her away. But couldn't. She didn't let me.

But I prioritized my ego, my image over her and left her broken.

But that was just an excuse to run away from her which I understood later. I ran away from her like a coward.

But I failed. I failed because I had already started having feelings for her without even realizing it.

By the time I realized, it was already late.

She was no more there for me. So when after all this time, I got to see her, I couldn't stop myself. But what did I do!

Nothing but hurting her only.

I got out of my trance when my phone vibrated in my hand.

It was a message from Akash. I opened the message with trembling fingers pushing away the worst imaginations only to see it coming as real.

Khushi has left...