Chap_6. Transferred Student

Arnav's PO.V.

Going on thinking like, “I knew it. She would also be like other girls. Getting help in study is nothing but an excuse to trap me. Now she will get to start 'stealing the glaces of me' game. I just hate these girls.”, I looked at the topic Khushi was pointing at.

If it wasn't the matter of that dare, I would have left the library after uttering some sweet words to this girl.

My chain of thoughts got interrupted when Khushi uttered, “Are you going to explain this to me or not?”

Leaving my thoughts at rest, I uttered with a little bit of smile, “Oh, yeah.” and started explaining to her the topic.

While explaining I kept looking at her every few minutes to check if she was listening or just staring at me but surprisingly she wasn't even looking at me except for when it was necessary.

As I kept explaining, either I found her looking at the book or imagining something. She was trying to get my examples and words, I guess.

Finally when I was done, she herself tried to give me an example on that topic. When I uttered, “Exactly. That's it.", a smile crept on her lips as she uttered like a kid, “I got it then. Thank you, Arnav.”

I just nodded at her and smiled a little. She took the book and uttered, “It would have been great, if I could take these books and documents home."

Being confused, I uttered, “Right. Go to the librarian and get these issued. Make the notes today, then you won't get confused later.”

She spoke up, “I know but I don't have my library card now."

Taking a guess, I spoke up, "Forgot it at home?"

She uttered only to get me confused, "No."

I still didn't get it as I thought she was a student who was serious about her study but no. Making an irritated face, I spoke up, “It's almost the last of the semester but you still didn't get it!”

Like she got the meaning of my irritated face and uttered, “Actually, I have just transferred to this college recently. I have applied for the library card but they said it would take 1 week for me to get it."

Giving her a confused look, I uttered, “Transferred student. This time of the year?”

She just nodded at me but didn't utter anything and if anything, her face fell. Finding nothing else to say, I got silent and she left from there. Taking her things, she left the library with the same fallen face and that bothered me.

I went after her but not before issuing the books with my library card.

By the time I was out of the library, she already got a little distance from there. I took long strides to reach her and uttered her name, “Khushi?” only to get her all startled.

When she turned to me, her eyes were all teary and she just kept staring at me without uttering anything. For a few seconds, I was confused about what to do.

Then I forwarded the books towards her and voiced, “1 week is pretty long. Here, keep the books. I got issued these with my card. When you are done, give them back to me."

She spoke up then, "But."
I interrupted her mid way and got uttering, "It's okay. Keep them."

I was about to ask her whether there was any problem and if I should drop her home but stopped finding my friends giving me a confused look from a little distance. Uttering, “Thank you. I will give them back to you tomorrow.” she left and my friends reached me.

Mack uttered, “What was it, Arnav? Wasn't she same girl? You really did find her already!”

I wasn't feeling like talking on this topic. The teary eyes of Khushi were bothering me. To divert their mind, I spoke up otherwise, “Why isn't Akash with you? Where is he?”