Chapter 28

Rathnama's POV

He stopped Salavan near a big peepal tree... He got down and helped me too......

He tied Salavan's reins in the nearby small branch and Salaavan started eating the leaves from the bush...

I can hear music and people's voices and laughter from afar...its a dense forest and a distinct tribe lives in this region...one day I came through this way as I missed the path..... Later my father found me and taught me the path.... It's easier to get lost in this forest unless you are well-versed with the routes and have the knowledge about every inch of this region... Later I didn't come to this place after that incident... I was 8 years old then... Now with memories, I don't remember what exactly happened that day...

"Aarasae.... You know last time I came through this way I lost..... I am sure you know already about that...Nothing can escape from you as always right... "

I turned back expecting his answer... But he wasn't here... Salavan was there but not him... I looked around to find him but no... He isn't here...... Where did he go...

"Arasae..... Arasae... Where are you..... Please don't play with me..... "

I exclaimed in a medium voice... I don't want to shout loud and attract wild animals right now. I didn't even have my kuruval with me to fight them...

I didn't get any response... I looked around in consternation...

Salavan neighed at me in a low pitch even though he was aware of not making noise...

"Do you know where Udaiyar went"

He nodded his head... I signed shook my head in disbelief and asked him

"Where is he Salava.. "

Before he responded something fell over my back... It's a small stone... Now I know... I looked up at the tree... There he is sitting comfortably on the branch swinging his legs... I glared at him which I am sure he clearly couldn't see as there was only the moon and the sparkling stars providing light to see... But he surely can understand my actions... I signed Placing my hands on my waist I looked up and asked him...

"Udaiyare... Don't you realize the fact that we aren't not kids anymore.... "

He laughed out irritating me.... He squelched his laughter and spoke...

"I don't want to realize anything now except the fact that I am with my Udaiyaal....... Now can you climb the tree or need any assistance considering that you are the princess of Varmanadu... You can take my help you need..."

The later part came out in a teasing tone... I furrowed...... And retorted

"Unfortunately my husband made sure I grew up as a strong-headed Queen, not a soft princess... So keep your offer to yourself Udaiyaare.."

I moved towards the Tree climbed it fast and sat on the other branch opposite to his...

"That's good to know... Anyway, you can come here Arasiyare... This branch is quite big and strong compared to that one "

He said which I ignored and sat comfortably.... When I looked up my mouth went open....I turned and glared at him....he was laughing...

"I asked you to come... It was you who ignored it... "

He shrugged his shoulder ... I glared at him..... From the branch he was sitting we can get a clear view of the small cottages, and the dance and Celebration of the tribes..... But at the place I was sitting the other tree's branches were hiding the view...

"You can still come here you know Rathnama... "

He teased... I was angry but what could I do now.. After all, I am here to spend time with each other.... I should have been more careful while climbing considering the density of the trees.... Carefully moved to the next branch where he sat comfortably leaning on the trunk while his one leg was swinging down....