Chapter 23

Rathnama's POV

"My Udaiyaal have more power over me than I have on her....... It's just that she never acknowledged and exercises her power over me..... "

He said I couldn't look at his eyes and the truth his words carried... It was heavy for me to accept indeed I know it was true .... I never thought I can order him to do something.... Now remembering the past he never said no to me if I actually give him the answer for the "why " Question of him that follows.... I can say except that day he never said no to anything I asked him.... He did tried to give me explanation of why he is objecting if I still stood stubborn he will let me do that.....

My body shivered when I felt water droplets fell over my head.... I came back to present and looked up at him who have astonished look... His right hand was above my head again the memories of his doing the same every year utsavam when I have to dip in ocean water......

He raised his brows in an accusing manner....

"Your thoughts were somewhere else Rathnama.....what is bothering you... "

He asked me I gulped my hand was still on his chest under his hold... I lifted my gaze to him...

"You are aware of my Yamaparithi Poojai... "

He nodded his head lightly... I continued

"Yesterday was supposed to be the last  day of that Poojai which I missed.... "

He hums allowing me to continue further.

"That was supposed to be a secret Poojai I am not allowed to let anyone know about it through me....... Yesterday night our marriage consummation night was arranged if I didn't get unconscious... And I wanted to leave at midnight for that Poojai without telling you where I was going would you stop me??? "

"Are you aware of the fact that I accompanied you till last month Poojai"

He asked me. I nodded my head. I can't tell him how...

"I guessed by what Kuyili said... That you aware of me leaving at midnight on every full moon day"

"Hmmm..... "

He just hummed but I wanted to know the answer...

"You still didn't answered Udaiyare... What would happen if I wasn't unconscious and stubborn to leave lying about the reason for it... "

He looked at me calmly and smiled which flattered me....I looked down immediately... He lifted my chin by his index finger and his fingers slid up and cupped my face I leaned to his touch and looked at him.

"The answer is I would enjoy your reaction of trying to figure out which lie you should say to escape yesterday night if you weren't unconscious..... "

He said to me... I furrowed...

"So you wouldn't have tried to stop me??? "

He chuckled at my question

"I surely would have tried to stop you... By acting like I was angry at you and I know you would still choose to leave for that poojai... I would have followed you without you knowing just like how I used to for the past 3 years... I got to know that an unknown enemy of ours will try to kill you when you are doing poojai..... I would be there to save you... As you are unconscious yesterday they were disappointed yet I sent Imaiyana and Vazhuthi to take care of them..."

"Did you get to know who was behind them... "

He shook his head negatively

" Most of them took poison and died at that moment except one he was also useless as he was deaf and dumb and had no clue who sent them his leader also died he was afraid to die that's why he delayed taking up the poison and get caught...."