Mr. Blake smiled. "Of course and she's one deal away from giving it all to me. "

Edward's need to stay alert was fading fast and he couldn't help but grab a drink. His eyes were burning but his tongue was on fire.

"But you're going to give her neither," Edward stated in cognizance. His father wasn't doing barter as he never did. It would be a world-class pretense where Estella would think she was given a choice and no matter what she chose, she was surrounded by the same spears as he was.

"Indeed." Mr. Blake chimed smoothly, but he heard the threat in his words and saw the promise in his eyes before he tried to stalk away, no longer wanting to prolong but a few of the guests approached them, stretching the conversation.

They mostly talked about the children with mental disabilty, suggesting another fundraiser and Edward's inside coiled. Nobody knew he tried taking therapy for a short amount of time and discontinued it, unable to keep up with it.

Edward downed the vodka from the second glass and set his eyes back on her. She was done talking to her same blond friend as they both got up from the table with plates filled with their food. Although, they barely had eaten. Her friend now left her alone, dashing toward the crowd at the other side of the room, leaving Estella with strings of thoughts.

What could they have possibly talked about?

She was now on her feet, her steps quickening and she halted at the bar where Nora sat on the stool. By the time, everyone around him was gone to enjoy the food in the lawn outside, he was exhausted.

Not wasting any time, he was next to them and heard Estella talking to Nora, concern lacing her voice.

"Get a grip," she scowled at his sister who was sleepish, her body frail as she tugged herself on Estella, her head crashing onto her chest.

"I told her she shouldn't drink that much," the bartender said. Studying closer, Edward realized he belonged to one of his father's business partner circles.

"It didn't look like that when I came here." she spat at the same bartender standing at the other side of the bar, only two years older than Nora. He was a tag-along with one of their guests and he often mixed drinks at the party whenever he saw a chance because he liked making them.

"Jasper," Edward said, gathering all of their attention at once.

"Edward," his voice was firm but it held no ounce of acknowledgment. Sandy-blond hair, pale and tall, and eerie eyes from the drugs he took regularly, Edward's fist clenched.

Who the hell let him here? He wasn't even that important to be here.

"What do I make for you?" he asked as he shook the bottle up and down several times before pouring the contents into the neat glass then slid it toward Estella.

"I said I'm fine," she said unkindly, shooting him glares.

Jasper smiled, unaffected by her, and took the glass, drinking it himself. "Nobody has ever turned down me like that," he said, feigning a hurt look. "I mix the best drinks."

"Then focus on mixing those," she said. "No need to involve an underage girl."

Jasper's eyes turned cold but he hid the intention. "She was the one flirting with me," he said. "I was living up to my impression."

"You were seconds away from taking her in one of the bedrooms upstairs if I hadn't interrupted you."

"Who would let go a pussy like—" his words drowned in mid-air as a bottle came crashing onto Jasper's face and Estella jumped, clutching Nora next to her who stirred her head side to side before falling back asleep.

The string quartet faded away instantly and the few people, mostly young ones who didn't follow their parents or uncles or seniors outside the lawn turned their eyes on them. Jasper's head was bleeding in streaks and he hissed, wanting to tear someone apart.

Estella, wide-eyed glanced back and forth between the men but he cared about nothing.
"Say that again!" Edward challenged.

Jasper flared his nose, rounding the counter and facing him as he fist his hand, waving it to shoot out. But he never made it. Benji, the son of his father's partner and his friend, the one who tagged him along was holding his hand back, trying to suppress the dispute.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Benji shouted at his friend who looked taken aback for being scolded instead of him.

"What man?" Jasper yelled. "He fucking hit me!"

"I told you to keep the attention away from you." His friend answered making Edward's eyebrows pinched. It was unusual for Benji to not take his friend's side. He was a spoiled brat and along with Jasper, they were volatile and exploited the money.

"She came to me," he pointed at Nora. "I was helping her let loose a little."

Edward now grabbed his collar and yanked his head to the same counter he was mixing his drinks at. His blood began streaming at a faster rate.  "She's my sister you motherfucker." He shouted as Benji tried prying his hands off his friend.

"What?" Jasper's face turned paler, realization hitting him hard.

"Fuck, Edward," Benji yelled. "Let him go!"

He ignored him as he pressed the head once more before smashing it again and Jasper cried in pain before he fell down, on his way to losing consciousness.

Another set of hands grabbed Edward under his arms and hauled him away and he stumbled back, landing on the floor. Above him, stood Elvis who gritted his teeth, seething in anger.

"Everybody is recording," he told him, throwing a look around. "You never learn do you, do you?"

No! Not now. Maybe never.

Edward stood up, examining Jasper's bloody and knocked-out body, and walked past Elvis, reaching Estella who was in a stupified trance, eyes filled with unstreamed tears.  Noticing him approach, Estella jerked her head up and held his sister tightly instead, fear evident on her face.

Their eyes met, each battling with different emotions for a while before it was broken by Elvis who stepped in, taking Nora and she let her go without any judgement. Elvis held her in his arms and heeled around facing his older brother.

"Stay away from my sister," he whispered, lowering his voice so only Edward could hear before turning to Benji and shouting at him. "And I will get to the bottom of this.," he threatened and tipped his chin at his assaulted friend. "And take care of it, discreetly."

He nodded in response, his face too red as he cast a look around people who probably took the video. Elvis climbed up the stairs, disappearing into the hallway.

Benji ushered to some guys behind Edward and he twisted his head to see two men—bodyguards taking care of the videos. While things in the background went on, Benji bent down, using his handkerchief to cover the cut on Jasper's head by tying it around his face.

Estella's silent cry filled the air and when he reached for her hand, she moved back, looking too stricken.

"It's been a long night," Edward commented, reaching for her hand again but she only stepped further away. "Let's get out of here."

"He needs treatment," she pointed at Jasper although she was the one looking disheveled. Her stance was weakening at the sight of blood, a picture similar to her father's hit-and-run case's, unable to snap out of it.

He plunged his hand, and forced his grip on her this time, drawing her away as she swayed behind him, sounding too breathless when she muttered.  "That guy Jasper. He...he—" Whatever she was going to say was gone as she passed out in his arms either from alcohol or trauma or maybe both.

Too fucking long night!