XIV. "You plan to stand here the whole day?"

Comincia dall'inizio

Seeing the vermillion on the partition of her forehead and the nuptial chain around her neck, Manav felt satisfied; for everybody in the temple would know that this beautiful woman belonged with him.

"You do look pretty. I was just wondering why you are wearing a saree."

"Because we are going to the Royal Temple?" Her statement came out as a question, and she looked so cute with her scrunched brows and tilted head that Manav wanted to punch himself for not treating this amazing woman the right way before.

"You can wear a kurti too, you know."

"Mr. Rajput, I am the daughter-in-law of a Royal Family, so I can't jeopardize your reputation. Besides, I like wearing sarees. They make me look pretty."

"You are already pretty, Aastha." He muttered, before walking to the washroom, leaving a flushed and confused Aastha behind.

***

"Manasvi, don't you think you are pretty underdressed?" Kabir asked his wife, who was busy in clicking mirror selfies.

"You are one to talk. You are not even dressed." She pointed her index finger at his naked chest.

"So, what? I am a man and you are a woman. You should wear your mangalsutra and sindoor to show that you are married and-"

"What will you do to show that you are married?" She asked back, surprisingly in a calm voice.

"Well, I can't wear a nuptial chain and-"

"Then you wear the wedding ring I gave you." She picked up the diamond ring and gave it to him with an overly sweet smile.

"I don't like this." He said, but took the ring from her hand anyway.

"Then neither do I." She shrugged, going back to examine the photos she had clicked.

"Well, okay. If I wear this ring, you will wear whatever I give you. Deal?"

"Deal!" She promised, keeping her phone aside to see what this husband of hers would make her wear.

Manasvi had chosen to wear a classy silver saree which had managed to highlight her fair complexion fairly well, and since this saree was in itself heavy, she had not bothered to wear any jewellery. Her long hair was pinned up in a messy bun, and this hairstyle framed her face satisfactorily.

She watched as Kabir slipped on the ring she had given him on his ring finger before stepping forward toward the vanity table. He rummaged through all of her jewellery collection until he found what he was looking for.

"Turn around." He ordered.

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

Manasvi rolled her eyes and did what he told her to do, curious to see what he would do. Kabir held her shoulders and jerked her backwards, making her back collide with his chest. He then clasped the nuptial chain around her neck before backing off to let her see her reflection in the mirror.

"Hey, this looks pretty. Thank you."

"Maybe you should thank me by giving me a kiss."