Surprise.

Was she moved?

Teddy didn't eat much. It had been acting strangely since returning home, pulling out a bow tie and playing with it. After a while, it pushed the bow tie to Huo Junxian's feet.

Huo Junxian looked down for a moment.

Gu Siyu, taking a bite of porridge, asked curiously, "What's wrong? Giving up on yourself and wanting to be a girl now?"

"No," Huo Junxian explained. "This is something made of cotton. It belonged to its ex-girlfriend."

"Oh."

Teddy barked twice, looking up at Huo Junxian.

"Amazing, suddenly missing your ex-girlfriend?" Gu Siyu went over to pinch Teddy's face.

It was quite normal. Saying goodbye would suddenly bring back many memories and objects. Teddy also wanted to sincerely bid farewell to the small animals it knew.

Cotton was a dog owned by You Wanyue, and it used to play with Teddy every day.

"Do you want to see her?" Huo Junxian asked Teddy.

Teddy probably didn't understand what she meant and just stared at her.

In response, Gu Siyu said, "Let her come over. It'll be a playmate for Teddy, and it's cold in winter. Teddy should find a girlfriend for warmth."

Huo Junxian agreed, and she found You Wanyue's phone number. After two attempts, the call went through, and she quickly agreed. Huo Junxian turned to look at Teddy, pointing to the phone. She told Teddy that a good friend was coming to see it. Teddy understood and stared out the window, pushing the bow tie again.

However, as they waited and waited, Teddy's supposed friend named "Cotton" never arrived. Teddy, showing signs of drowsiness, alternated between sleeping and waking, struggling to stay awake, afraid of missing something. Gu Siyu saw that Teddy was about to fall asleep and made a call, but no one answered.

The night had completely fallen. Teddy woke up and looked outside the door, realizing that there was no dog coming. It dragged its legs to find Huo Junxian, asking for something to eat.

Gu Siyu watched silently and made a phone call at the door with her mobile phone.

Teddy fell asleep with its paw still on the bow tie.

Huo Junxian, with a composed expression, said, "She probably won't come."

"Why?" Gu Siyu asked.

"Her husband wants a divorce. If she comes, she might not be able to continue being a rich lady," Huo Junxian explained.

Human twists and turns were something Teddy couldn't comprehend. It thought that if it didn't wait yesterday, it could continue waiting today, and if nothing happened the day after tomorrow, it would go to Huo Junxian.

"Do you want to go?" Huo Junxian asked Teddy.

Teddy stared with its eyes wide open. Gu Siyu went over, picked up the bow tie, threw it into the yard, closed the glass door, and said, "Stand up for your mom. The ex-girlfriend is in the past. Tomorrow, I'll find you a girlfriend."

"Woof." Teddy, not understanding, lay on the carpet.

In the following days, the city experienced heavy snowfall. The snowflakes, thick and white, fell as if someone standing in the clouds were tossing cotton down.

It wasn't the city's first snowfall; they had been prepared for it several times before, and the snow came down vigorously each time.

Teddy lay in its nest, watching. Huo Junxian brought a small heater and placed it next to Teddy to create a more picturesque scene.