Chapter 71

During the seven-day National Day holiday in the golden October, the leaves turned a beautiful yellow, fluttering down crisply on the ground.

In the following days, Duan Jiayang and He Xiao would come to see Gu Siyu in the hospital, accompanying her to play. They would engage in activities like script-killing games, and Huo Junxian would join them. Regardless of how much fun they had, Huo Junxian would ask Duan Jiayang and the others to leave at a certain time.

Gu Siyu felt dissatisfied, but even if she was upset, she wouldn't argue with Huo Junxian. On the sixth day, He Xiao brought some apples and had to leave as she had to go to work.

Huo Junxian politely entertained her, offering snacks to He Xiao. Gu Siyu sat on the bed, her thin lips moving, unsure of what to say.

"Ms. He, the hospital said you performed quite well. You can resume your duties now. You can also get a raise, more bonuses, and subsidies." Huo Junxian made it clear that He Xiao should stay there and not come back.

He Xiao didn't respond. The two didn't say anything, and Gu Siyu's expression darkened. She furrowed her brows, thinking of accompanying He Xiao when she left. Last time, it didn't work out, and this time Huo Junxian stopped her again.

"No need." He Xiao pursed her lips, smiled at Gu Siyu, and said, "Take care of yourself. I'll visit you when I have time."

Gu Siyu nodded and said, "By then, I won't be in the hospital. Take care as it gets colder."

He Xiao nodded, left the items, and went out. She exchanged a glance with Huo Junxian, then turned and said, "If you need anything, give me a call. I'll definitely help you."

"I know my limits," Gu Siyu said.

In her plan, Gu Siyu intended to enjoy the holiday thoroughly because the missed opportunity left her with regrets. There was an orange on the bedside table that He Xiao had peeled for her. When she went to pick it up, she couldn't find it. She assumed Huo Junxian ate it. Later, when she went to get a new orange, she found the peeled one thrown into the trash.

A fire ignited in her chest, causing her heart to ache.

After He Xiao left, Duan Jiayang also became busy. Her visits to the hospital became shorter, and seeing how hard she was working, Gu Siyu told her not to come anymore.

After staying in the hospital for nearly half a month, in mid-October, Gu Siyu was discharged. The doctor, still concerned about her, reminded her multiple times that removing the stitches didn't mean she was fully healed. She had to avoid intense physical activities in daily life, preferably rest in bed, and always sleep on her stomach.

"I understand," Gu Siyu nodded, quietly listening. For once, she refrained from sarcastic remarks and thanked the doctor sincerely.

The doctor added, "I'm fine. I've seen many patients like you. You should thank Huo Junxian for taking care of you; she hasn't had a peaceful night's sleep because of you."

Gu Siyu glanced at Huo Junxian, who was packing her things. She didn't deny it, "She has been very good to me."

During her extended hospital stay, Gu Siyu had accumulated quite a large backpack. She sat in Huo Junxian's car, and the navigation was set to Huo Junxian's villa.

Gu Siyu leaned against the window, enjoying the breeze. The autumn sun was not too harsh, and the towering buildings in the city made humanity seem insignificant. Cars and houses had become small boxes, concealing objects within.

"Don't tell anyone about that day," Gu Siyu said.

"I know."

"Can the video be removed?"