Chapter 52

Gu Siyu tidied herself up and prepared to go out to find something to eat. As she was about to leave, she almost bumped into Huo Junxian's arms. Surprisingly, Huo Junxian was standing outside her door, holding a food box in her hand and greeted her with a "good morning."

Gu Siyu steadied herself and leaned against the door frame, shocked by Huo Junxian's sudden appearance. She stared at her for a moment.

Not allowing Huo Junxian to enter, Gu Siyu held the doorknob and asked, "What's going on?"

"I've come to bring you food," Huo Junxian said, raising the food box in her hand. It had three layers and seemed quite abundant.

Of course, Gu Siyu understood that Huo Junxian's sudden act of bringing her food was hard to comprehend. Previously, Huo Junxian had been unapproachable, but now her attitude had taken a 180-degree turn. Gu Siyu couldn't wrap her head around this sudden change.

"Um..." Huo Junxian seemed to be pondering something. Gu Siyu leaned against the door, and she kept making affirmative noises for quite a while. When Gu Siyu was becoming impatient, Huo Junxian finally said, "Can I come in?"

In response, Gu Siyu made a sound of agreement and opened the door. Huo Junxian entered with the food box, placed it on the table, and opened the lid. Gu Siyu curiously approached to take a look. There were pan-fried dumplings, shengjian bao (pan-fried buns), and even desserts underneath – all made by Huo Junxian herself.

"You should try them," Huo Junxian said with anticipation.

Gu Siyu went to wash her hands and returned to take a bun. Huo Junxian also started eating. Gu Siyu asked her, "Didn't you have breakfast?"

Huo Junxian replied, "I wanted to have breakfast with you."

"Alright." Gu Siyu felt a bit uncomfortable with the situation. While eating, she couldn't help but observe Huo Junxian – how she leaned against the table, initially used her hands and then switched to chopsticks.

After finishing breakfast, Huo Junxian asked curiously, "Where's the little bird?"

"I left it in the bathroom."

The living room was too hot, and Gu Siyu was worried that the bird couldn't handle the heat. She didn't want to turn on the air conditioning as it might not be suitable for a wild bird like this, so she kept the bird in the cooler bathroom during the day. Huo Junxian squatted down, carefully opened the box with her fingers, her eyes filled with a smile. She loved animals and said, "It's eating bird food."

"It must be hungry."

"Is its wing feeling better now?"

Huo Junxian hadn't been constantly observing the bird and had forgotten its initial injuries. Gu Siyu had a clearer memory; initially, the bird's wing had been drooping, but now it could move it slightly, indicating some improvement.

"It should get better soon. Once it's better, it can fly away, far and high," Huo Junxian encouraged the bird.

After wiping her mouth, Gu Siyu went to sit on the couch. She had initially planned to go out for a walk today, but with Huo Junxian's visit, she had nothing to do now.

Huo Junxian seemed busy. After looking at the bird, she grabbed a broom and started cleaning the room. She tidied up everything inside and out, then fetched a mop and moved from the bedroom to the living room.

Initially, Gu Siyu thought about playing with her phone, but seeing Huo Junxian working so energetically, she realized that Huo Junxian was somehow making household chores look quite sexy.

Gu Siyu didn't really engage with her phone. She glanced at it for a while and then looked at Huo Junxian cleaning the floor. Finally, she just lay on the couch and watched. After finishing the cleaning, Huo Junxian washed her hands and returned, using her damp fingers to gently brush against Gu Siyu's face. "I'll come see you again next time."