Chapter 14: Sickly

Jin Yuansen will definitely not be a dog for Gu Siyu. Doing so  would go against his original intention of seeking Gu Siyu. To him, coaxing women is just a form of deception, and being a lickspittle is thoroughly demeaning, representing that he will lose his dignity.

"Gu Siyu." Jin Yuansen called her full name, with a cool gaze.

The words behind were covered by the falling rain. The raindrops pattered on the umbrella, and Gu Siyu gently turned the handle of the umbrella, spinning off the rainwater on the surface of the umbrella. It didn't matter whether she heard it or not. His words were just barking in Gu Siyu's ear.

Who wants to listen to dog talk?

After returning home, Gu Siyu took off her clothes. There was a slight mark on her white short-sleeved shoulder, but it wasn't very deep. She took some soap and rubbed it in the bathroom.

Today, she didn't get anything from her trip, and her newly bought pants were ruined by bites. She was even stepped on a few times. What a pity.

It had been raining for several days in a row. From drizzle to urgent downpour, everyone thought the rain was good at first, and it could alleviate the summer heat. But when the water level reached the calf, everyone became worried that it would turn into a flood.

When it was drizzling, Gu Siyu stayed at home and ordered takeout. She was comfortable being alone, but now she didn't care how much she had to pay for delivery. The old houses in the city were dilapidated, and even during the day, they had to be careful when delivering things, let alone in a rainstorm. Who would be foolish enough to risk their lives for a few dollars?

Gu Siyu flipped through the delivery app and couldn't find a single restaurant that would deliver. Finally, she had to settle for the leftover crayfish in the fridge and a few bags of snacks to barely fill her stomach.

This rain was really annoying.

Gu Siyu kicked the tea table.

She couldn't go out, and everything she ate and played with was unsatisfying.

Last time, her words had offended Jin Yuansen, and he no longer sweet-talked her. He had been trying to find a way to make Gu Siyu pay the price.

He stopped her card and took back the house he gave her.

Of course, Jin Yuansen was surprised. This despicable person Gu Siyu loved money to the bone. She sold the luxury goods he bought her and asked for cash for all her gifts. It was quite troublesome for Jin Yuansen to retrieve the money because they were all gifts he gave her voluntarily, and Gu Siyu would definitely keep good evidence.

Jin Yuansen made up his mind. He went directly to a lawyer and found some unsavory people. As long as Gu Siyu caused trouble, he would make her suffer a bit.

Listening to the disturbing sound of rain, Gu Siyu lay tiredly on the sofa, flipping through her phone. She changed positions every once in a while. These past two days, she felt like her shoulders were heavy, and she couldn't sleep well at night.

For no reason.

It was because Huo Junxian kicked her a few times in her dream, leaving her feeling disoriented. In her dreams, she would always retaliate and kick her back, and not just any ordinary kick, but the kind that made Huo Junxian beg for mercy.

Her dreams were more vivid than her imagination during the day. The wind blew open her curtains, and moonlight seeped through the cracks, casting a white veil on Huo Junxian's body. She was kneeling with red eyes, begging her repeatedly, "I'm sorry... Gu Siyu... I'm sorry..."

Her voice got softer with each sentence, and the wetness in her eyes was like a quiet pond in the night, rippling circles that softened Gu Siyu's heart.