Chapter 9- Do I know you?

Começar do início

When I reached the pitch, it was mostly empty, having been long abandoned since training ended, but there was Joe, tossing a solitar with Podge and Alec, like he'd been doing for hours now.

Alec noticed me first, looking me up and down, taking in my attire.

I was wearing a pair of pajama shorts, which I had worn under my skirt this morning, being too lazy to wear tights.

I also wore one of Joes hoodies, which had been abandoned in the trunk of his car for weeks.

It kinda smelled like weed but it also smelled like him, which I found mildly comforting when I was shivering in the passenger seat.

Alec clearly didn't know who I was, until I pulled the hood from my head, my blonde hair falling out and onto my shoulders.

Recognition flashed in his gaze and his eyes widened.

Clearly Joey didn't tell anyone he left his sister in the freezing car.

He smirked at me and I put my pointer finger up, placing it on my lips, telling him to hush.

His smile widened, and he moved his gaze from me to Podge, as he passed to him.

Joey still didn't notice me, and I took advantage of it, heading towards the dugout.

I hooked my fingers into the chain link fence and shoved my feet into the diamond shaped gaps between wires.

I pulled myself up and onto the aluminum roof.

It made a loud clanging noise as I sat down, and Podge and Joey's heads whipped around in my direction.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Joey asked, eyes widening.

"The car was chilly!" I shrugged, wrapping my arms around myself.

"You left Marci in the car?" Podge asked Joey, his tone offended.

"That's just wrong" Alec agreed

"What's wrong is you checking out my sister!" Joey snapped

"Not more wrong than the car!"

I tuned out their bickering, swinging my legs back and forth.

It was a chilly night, but I felt at peace.

The air was crisp and soothing, and I took a deep breath in, appreciating the feeling.

Something caught my attention then, and I looked over to the far side of the pitch.

There was a group of boys, all dressed in nice clothes, like very nice, like blazers and ironed pants nice.

One of them stood in front, clearly looking to talk to the boys that were still arguing.

"Hey!" the boy shouted, as he stepped into the lights shining from around the pitch, his blonde hair now shining.

It took me a moment to realize that he was talking to me, and not my brother and his friends, who finally noticed his presence.

"Hey!" I shouted back, liking his enthusiasm.

"Which one of you guys is Joey Lynch!" He shouted back, his eyes wandering over to the boys.

The three boys mumbled under their breaths for a moment before Joey spoke up.

"Give me a sec, I'll sort this", Joey snapped

"Got a staring problem, assholes?" he shouted, heading towards the group with me hot on his heels, because God knows someone needed to keep an eye on his temper.