"I can't believe you."

"You asked and I delivered. Don't I always deliver?"

"Shut up."

"I'll make you a deal, how's that?" He asks, leaning up. He pulls the blanket closer, bringing my waist to his face. He opens the blanket, revealing my naked body to him, tracing a finger around my stomach. "What's the deal?" I ask, brushing his fingers away and trying to regain his attention. He looks up at me and I know I am about to make a deal with the devil. "I'm here for two reasons. The first is irrelevant to you, so no need to worry about that one. The second is to find out who actually killed Julian. I need to bring Julian's killer to justice," he is interrupted by my outburst laugh. I try to keep it together but it's not working, I cover my mouth trying to contain myself, but the laugh slips through my fingers. "So let me get this right, you want to get justice for Julian's killer, when you're walking around town a murder? This is great Kai, truly." He stands violently quickly from the bed which startles me, as my naked body pushes back.

"It's not a joke Lavender. You should be thanking me for getting rid of those two."

"How did you get out? How are you going to cover your tracks with the last two murders you decided to commit?" I'm becoming more assertive with him and I have no idea why. I think my fear submerged when he told me he'd never hurt me. Never. I was safe with him, in a fucked up sense.

"Why don't you not worry about the two bitches. I was going to do this by myself, but beside from me your are the second smartest person I know. I need your help."

"Oh, you need my help? Where was mine all those years ago?"

"Let it go."

"No Kai, where were you when I fucking needed help?"

He looks down biting his lip, "I couldn't help you."

"Why? Tell me why."

"I was on my last leg with Principle Stile. Julian started taking the beating's for me, reflecting my Dad from me to him. They were becoming more brutal, more.. deadly. He fucking tied Julian to a fucking tree and left him there when it was like 10 degrees outside, with nothing but a pair of pajama shorts on. He tied a belt around my neck, pulling the strap tighter and tighter, I thought I was going to die. Julian came bursting through the door just in time before I passed out, and knocked dad unconscious. You don't understand how much worse it had gotten, and it was after you and I stopped talking. I couldn't risk getting into trouble, I couldn't risk it.. not for me, not for Julian, and not for you," he stops, staring at me. My eyes pour with tears I didn't even mean to bring out, how could a father do such a thing.. He smiles, taking a few steps until he is in front of me, wiping away the tears. He cups my face in his palms, "Don't cry for me baby, help me." I shake my head yes, "Good girl."

"What am I going to do about my store?"

"Close it," he snaps, pulling a black tight shirt over himself. His muscles poke through perfectly, the black ink on his tattoo's contrasting with it.

"Get dressed baby, we have a killer to hunt."

*

We walk through the woods instead of through town and neighborhoods, to avoid anyone recognizing Kai, and also me. We don't need a nosey sally running back to my mom telling her I was strolling with a mystery man, although I doubt she would care. The last twenty-four hours are trekking hard in my brain, and I can't seem to get myself wrapped in the fact that Kai is really here. The shock has yet to fade. Carefree Lavender was fun for one night, but I can't live a life like that. I don't like waking up feeling unbalanced and especially hung over. Maybe I play it safe because that's who I am and I realize that how I should stay for the most part. I don't know how he is here but I am not going to worry on that now. I want to help him.. it has to be the past creepy obsession with this man making the decision for me, but I don't care. The moment that dark haired boy touched me in the library, I submitted myself to him.. for life. He scares the fuck out of me, I can't lie but it's his hardness that intrigues me. His attitude.. his demeanor.. but when I see the small vulnerbility he shows, it consumes me. He has consumed me, and I've let him.