Chapter 8

Lavender

1 Day Before Halloween

I slide the covers off and am met with the headache of the century. "What the fuck." I rub my fingers on my temples trying to relieve the hangover headache that thumps and thumps, my brain feeling like it's moving back and forth with each other. I throw my comforter off and look down noticing I'm naked. I slip to my side grabbing my phone from the nightstand, skimming my texts.

Bianca 10:21: Where are you?

Bianca 10:26: Lavender!

Bianca 10:30: If you don't answer me or make yourself known in five fucking minutes I'm calling the cops.

Bianca 10:32: Hello!!!!!!!

Lavender 10:35: Sorry. Went home, didn't feel good. Talk to you tomorrow.

Bianca: 10:37: WTF Lavender! You just left without me?

I did not write this, panic strikes my stomach as a flash of heat runs. How did I get here? Where the fuck are my clothes? I hear a small creak in the bathroom and then the sink turns on, sending me alert and running toward my kitchen draws. Unfortunately I am not graceful about this, shuffling through to find the biggest knife. I slowly walk back into the living room, naked and afraid, waiting for whoever is in the bathroom to make themselves known. The sink turns off, as I move my arm forward yielding my trusty knife. I wait. I wait another minute. Then another. The door creaks open and he emerges from the bathroom like some dark god, his hair drips on my floor as he shakes it and then brushes it back with his hands. I let out my breath dropping the knife to my sides, "What the fuck Kai." He looks at me with amused eyes, his smile more beautiful than I've ever seen. "Love, put down the knife, it's really unnecessary," he says in a cocky tone, pointing his finger at the knife. I roll my eyes, walking over to the counter and placing it down. His eyes scan me up and down. "Fuck!" I yell, running over the bed and grabbing my comforter. I wrap it around myself quickly. "Nothing I haven't seen before.. rather nothing I haven't touched before," he laughs, walking past me into the kitchen. His body is more sculpted than I have ever seen, I watch as his back muscles weave into the fridge to pick an apple out. He turns leaning his arms on the counter, his eyebrows going up and eyes big.

"We have things to do, can you get yourself together," he demands, biting into the apple.

"Nope not happening."

"Yes, yes happening, now let's go."

"I'm serious Kai, you need to leave. I am done with this."

He moves from the counter, walking slowly towards me as if I am the apple he truly wants to bite into.

"Done with what? Me? Baby, we are just getting started."

"You're literally insane!" I yell, stomping my feet on the floor like a child who didn't get a cookie before dinner.

"That's well known," he counters, moving closer to me.

He frowns mockingly, "I thought you loved me Lav, why the sudden change?

"We all know you don't believe in love, I learned that the hard way."

He leans down, his mouth letting his breath hit my neck, before licking upwards. The act alone sends my stomach whirling, "What do you want?", I ask backing away from him. His smile never fades and fuck I hate him for having a good one.

"What happened the carefree Lavender? Did your cleansing not work?", he laughs.

"Knock it off Kai."

He moves around me plopping on the bed and bringing his hands to waist, pulling me on top of him. I squirm but I know there's no use. His head moves my hair out of the way giving his mouth full access to my ear, "You will do what I say Lavender, I am not joking." I jump from him finally, punching his arm on the way up, my headache giving me a slight dizziness. Memories flood in of last night and what I allowed him to do to my body. The soreness between my legs finally making itself known. "Ahh," he says leaning back on the bed.