Chapter 2

October 2023

Malachi

The bus comes to a halt on the one road highway, and I see my chance. Did the Briar Institution have a fire out of nowhere? Absolutely not. I set that shit up to get my plans in motion. I've been there for far too long, and I've calculated my plans.. only took me fourteen fucking years. Every time those stupid fucking orderlies would send us for "outside" time, I took it upon myself to collect sticks, branches, and leaves. Fortunately for me, I didn't have room checks, therefore they never found my little stick collection under my shit sprigged mattress. It only took patience, which I've come to have over a decade of being locked away in that crazy house. My brother's murder was put on me, but dear old dad took the stand at trial, telling them all of my hidden secrets. How I had been to therapist for my behavior issues. How I've acted in violent manners my whole life, which is false. Who doesn't get a little violent sometimes? How I would talk to myself for hours on end? Another allegation that is false. I only talk to myself when I have to amp myself up for something. A test, gym, bullies, and of course for my little dove.

I planted fires with my little stick friends around the most important places in that shit hole of institution. The day room, the kitchen, doctors offices, and of course the gym area. You may ask how I did this, well to contrary belief I am a precise man now. Patience. My next-room neighbor Dexter was delusional, lost in his own mind. When I tell you this man looks like an eight foot Greek god of sorts with giant muscles.. he's huge. His blonde hair flows like a Viking warrior. But I feel bad for the poor son of a bitch, he means well, but he is by far the craziest fucker I've ever met. He told everyone that the angels come and see him, looking like chubby little cherubs you see painted on church walls. I used this information to my advantage. Today I used his weakness for my gain. I saw him during cafeteria lunch time and told him the cherubs told me they will no longer see him.. that they are flying away back to their heaven. To my non surprise he flipped a fucking lid, throwing god damn tables-throwing and patients around the fucking room. Did I feel bad? Sure... I mean he was my only friend here, but I have a vendetta to deal with. And that vendetta is revenge.

Lighting one fire by one during my poor Dexter's demise, the place lit up like Christmas lights on houses in Hadestown. Sirens blared throughout the ward, sending us all to our rooms. When the fire was no longer containable all patients were rushed to buses to go to a near by facility, and that brings us to now. Everything is working out just the way I planned, and I get hard just thinking about how my calculated plan worked.

The halt to the bus brings some patients into a frenzy. Some screaming, some rocking back and forth, and some singing. For me I know my plan. They didn't chain us like maybe they are supposed to do since for what they know we are crazy. I think that the unknown scares normal people, to be different is to be an outcast. Me.. well I've always been an outcast, and I never shied to be anything different. Fuck Society, fuck what is normal. Normal is fucking boring. I unclasp the shitty eighty's seat belt and poke my head up, observing the bus driver. He's an orderly.. John. He's actually the most vile piece of shit I've ever known, taken advantage of the woman in the ward. Some have turned a blind eye to his acts, but I certainly didn't. He takes advantage of our kind. I wish I had a blade to slice right across his fat fucking neck, but I have more important things to take care of. John huffs, putting his head back on the rest of his driver chair. "Will you all shut the fuck up?" He yells, but no one stops.

I squirm my body to the end of seat, and then bring my body to the ground. My belly lay flat on the walkway of the bus. I army crawl to the back of the bus, to the back exit. I flip on my back slowly, looking up at Luna. She's a patient I've run into a few times, she's just as crazy as me. "You're leaving?" She whispers, leaning her head down. Her blonde locks tickle my nose. "I have a few things I have to take care of.. will you cover me love?" I ask so politely it makes me sick. She gives me a Cheshire smile, "Of course." I hear her seatbelt unclasp and she stands ripping her shirt off. Her small tits exposed to everyone on the bus. She walks forward toward John who looks like he in awe of her perky breast. "Can I touch them?" I hear him ask, and I know that's my out. The man is a filthy vile pig. I hope I catch up with him one day. I flip, unlatching the back of the bus, opening the door ever so slightly before shimming myself out. The fresh air hits my nose, and the fact that everything is working out in my favor just sends a high to my head. I walk at a fast pace into the nearby woods, because I know exactly where I am.. and where exactly I am going. I need to see if my dove has flourished. I need to see her.. it's been far too long. And I am only about three miles out of Hadestown. I'm coming for you my love.