*

Did I sneak into my childhood home where my parents still reside and take my clothes my mother never packed away you ask? Yes. My mother, the most purest, sweetest woman I have ever known left both Julian and I's room untouched.. even after all these years. She probably got a beating for that from my father, the piece of shit he is. I was able to scavenge a pair of black tight jeans, a black hoodie, and a black baseball cap from my old room. My mother loved Julian and I with her whole fucking being, unfortunately for her.. my father did not. He was too busy drinking and taking his plummeting stocks out on her. She visited me the first two years I was in that place, only once a month. Then quickly that stopped, and I knew why. Him. My father. I know deep in my gut it was him who killed my blossoming brother. Dad couldn't handle the fact that Julian was thriving.. no one can thrive unless Dad was.

Once I'm dressed and out of that filthy grey uniform, I walk slow out of my old room hoping to just get a small glimpse of my mother.. who lay bed ridden now. I know my father isn't here, probably too busy making bets on some fucking stupid sports team down at the local bar, leaving her all alone. I walk to my right down a small hallway passing Julian's room, and to my parents. She lay there on a breathing machine, her vibrant red hair now non existent. I walk slowly, sitting on the lazy-boy that is beside her. Her eyes are closed, her breathing slow, I know she can't hear me. I take her hand in mine and kiss the top, "Mom, it's me Kai. I love you.. I miss you.. and i'll always be here." I intertwine my fingers in hers, and I feel her energy. She's here.. somewhere. "I'm going to find out who did this to him, and I will fucking end them. I promise you that," I pause placing her hand back on the cotton bed sheet. I stand leaning over her to place a kiss on her forehead, "I love you mom, I'll be okay I promise." Tears prick at my eyes but I feel the urge to vomit. My mother has saved me more times than I could ever be grateful for. She didn't deserve this type of end. The nicest soul I have ever know. I walk towards to the doorway, never looking back but always looking forward. That was always what she said to me.

*

I walk around town with my head down, not that anyone would even recognize me. Last time I was in this shit boring town was when I was sixteen, just being a weird kid. I loved that my older brother thrived so I didn't have too. The small shops are all to close together practically overlapping the other, but it's one in particular I am looking for. 'Pats Pets'. I need to get my dove.. a dove. Lavender Scott has always been my obsession. She was the air I breathed, the neurons in my brain, and I refuse to just let her go. Countless nights jerking off to that perfect face. Her perfect brown eyes covered with square glasses, her slender nose, her little puffy cheeks. Thinking about her gets me hard. What we did in that library all those years ago may seem like ancient history for her, but it feels like yesterday to me. Her stroking my cock as I fingered her tight wet cunt. Wet for me.. fuck. I let out a breath before walking into the pet shop. "Welcome to Pats Pets", the old lady says from behind the counter. "Fuck off." I walk over to the birds, finding a cage of doves. I need to pick the perfect one, it has to be the perfect one. "Hey lady, I want this one," I signal to her. She walks over, her grey hair pulled back in a bun. "Of course. Do you have an appropriate cage and food?" She asks with a smile. I give her an irritated look back, "Yes, can I have the dove already?" She scurries off getting a cardboard box to place my dove into. "I'll meet you at the register," she says, picking my bird out of it's cage and bringing it up. She clicks her hand on the old register, "That'll be $60 sir." I take out crumbled money I stashed in my back pocket from dads 'stash draw' and proceed to pay her. "Well you have a good day.." She stops, waiting for me to say my name. Small town people. "Kai." Everyone knew me as Malachi back then. She nods her head, giving me my cardboard box. I scurry out, walking behind the building and into the large forest that surrounds this hell town. I can't wait to send my message to my dove.

*

I snapped the poor doves neck. I feel bad, I do.. but the birds purpose in life was for this. Everyone has a purpose in life, even animals. I take the small notepad that was on my desk in what used to be my room, along with a pen. I write my cryptic message to her, I want her to fear me. I want her to worry. My Livy is a realist though, which will make this so much fun. I won't strike until necessary. I want to drag this out as long as I can, because her fear is what I want. When I take her.. she won't want another. I have pent up years on her, and she'll know it.. feel it. I could have had sex locked away for what everyone thought was forever, but I didn't. It was always her. I sit on a nearby bench adjacent from her little bookshop. My bookworm finally prospered. I watch through the windows, at her, laying the bird beneath the bench. I can see her eyes deep in probably some romance book, thinking of her prince charming, unknowingly knowing that the devil is about to corrupt her. Stalk her. I'm here beneath the shadows.