Chapter 31

Things have become much more intense after what happened with Rias and her group, particularly regarding their training where they were pushed to their limits. With the addition of Gasper, as Rias's first Bishop, things have become unique for them as Gasper was very shy and nervous, adding another layer of complications. However, Y/N pleaded with Toshi wanting to help Gasper. At first, Toshi was unsure about this as he had his reasons but seeing the look in Y/N's eyes, he saw that he was rather serious. He thought about it briefly but eventually allowed him after speaking with Sirzeches and Zeoticus, which took some time convincing them. Eventually, they allowed this with the exception that Toshi would monitor them and keep them updated as to their training and other matters.

With their approval, Y/N started to help Gasper in being less shy around people. He also helped him with his new powers that happened to awaken during one of their magic training sessions. Toshi researched Gasper's new power as the Sacred Gear called Forbidden Balor View, which was a power that he couldn't control immediately. Toshi had to seal off a significant portion of his powers along with being rather harsh but fair with him in controlling his powers. It was rough for Gasper but thanks to Y/N helping him, he was doing alright as he started to look up to him as an older sibling. Not only this but he got along with Milicus who was happy that he made another friend.

As for the others, they each received their specialized training and were put in some rather serious training regiments. Akeno honed her magic skills and her knowledge from Toshi's strict instructions along with a few other teachers. Kiba trained under Kisuke Urahara who didn't go easy on him at all. Whenever they spared, Kisuke did not hesitate to strike him full force each time he left his guard down which left a few bruises all over his body. Koneko trained under Kuroka who helped her master her Nekomanta powers. While the two of them sparred, Kuroka was rather harsh on her sister but wanted to make sure that she was ready in case she had to fight another Hollow. Rias had her training to do under her father as he wanted to make sure she was ready to fight not only Hollows but Soul Reapers as well. Not only this, but he instructed her to read various books about strategies, Hollows, and Soul Reapers, along with a long list of other things that would help her. While everyone did their training, Y/N had his training with the Hollow that dwelled inside of him and Naga.

One night as Y/N was sound asleep, he found himself back in the same place as before, lying on grass in a valley. As he sat up, he saw that there were dunes of sand near some of the mountains which confused him.

???: I see that you've been training rather rigorously as of late.

Y/N looked over to see Naga sitting on a tree branch of a large dead tree.

Naga: Of course, that's not including the times, myself and your other have been doing so. Though you have been doing well regardless.

Y/N: What do you want? Slightly annoyed.

Naga: Feeling irritated are we? You do realize, that it was me who saved you and the others from that Captain?

Y/N: I know but I still don't trust you.

Naga: Understandable. After all, for all you know is that I am an enemy who chooses when to help you. However, you have been thinking of what I told you, have you not?

Y/N fell silent as he had been thinking about what Naga said about someone controlling Hollows.

Naga: Tell me, if you were to chain an animal, how would you assume they would react?

Y/N: What? Confonsued. Why are you asking me this?

Naga: For reasons. Now, answer the question.