Chapter 6: Rest

Dante's pov:

Poor angel.

A bit too much excitement for you.

That's okay; you're safe with me now.

The sun was shining through the large windows of the local hospital. She looked so heavenly, surrounded by white sheets and sunlight. Her h/c hair fell perfectly around her head, like a halo. I've spent hours running my fingers through her soft, velvet hair.

I must admit that this was a very nice facility, better than any in Forelsket. The staff took such specialized care of her, always checking in. Way more than I thought necessary. Thankfully, her wounds are only minor. Apparently she was a bit too fragile to throw out a moving carriage but only suffered from being thrown a bit. Nothing permanent.

Cautiously, her entrancing eyes opened, and she started to sit up.

"No, you need to rest." I said, gently pushing her back onto the soft bed.

"Who are you?"

I could listen to her voice forever and ever. "It's more important you tell me who you are."

This is perfect. I originally thought I would have to blackmail and threaten a couple high officials to discover every little thing about you, love. This is much simpler.

"I'm Princess Y/N of Epibreren."

What? No, n-no. I couldn't have insulted my future love, no. She's mistaken. "You sure?"

"Crystal clear, just because I don't dress all high-and-mighty or act like my parents doesn't mean I'm not who I say I am. I'm Y/N of Epibreren, a future queen, for your information. I could easily send you to the palace dungeons and leave you for eternity."

Sh*t, she sounded offended and apprehensive.

"I believe you, miss; I'm just making sure, uhhhh your memory is up to quota. You know, medicinal stuff."

I could see the regret fall on her face. Dam* it, how does she still look so beautiful while lamenting? "I'm so sorry," she said. "I guess I'm a little off today. I normally don't act like this."

"NO! I should be apologizing to you. It's my fault you're here anyway."

"What do you mean?"

"I threw you out of the carriage."

"Enlighten me."

Sh*t, how do I explain this? I saw you get into a cart under the Red Dragon Society with that miscreant. Admitting to work with the Society will probably get me killed.

"Well, some friendly men offered to give me a ride. But I had to sit in the front with the two other guys because they were hired by someone, obviously you. As you climbed in, I noticed a Red Dragon tattoo on the driver."

It wasn't even that much of a lie. The Society offered to pick me up. Apparently, they hijacked a royal carriage to get some form of ransom. I was fine with it until I saw you. I had to stop it.

"So uhhhh," I stammered. "I jumped onto the step and pulled you out."

Her e/c eyes were huge. "You think it was the Red Dragon Society? Wait, where's Alexe?"

"Who?"

"Lord Alexandre. He was with me."

Oh f*ck me, why are you worrying about him when I'm right in front of you? I'll have to get rid of him.

"I'm sorry, miss; I could only take you. Do you recognize me?"

"Yes, of course, you're the poor man we almost hit earlier this morning. Do you think we can find Alexe?"

"Yes, that would be me. I'm glad I could finally repay you. Now, miss, I need you to rest. I'll schedule someone to take you back to the palace."

She shifted uncomfortably and said, "Thank you."

I smiled as I walked out of the room. Though I hate to leave her, I have arrangements to make. Well, Salvino, it looks like we'll both get what we want.

A/N: Sorry, this chapter is kinda filler; the main plot for Dante x Y/N is starting soon.

What do you think will happen to Alexe :0

As always, thanks for reading!