Initiation

It was finally time. 

I had just listened to the whole speech about what this initiation would be about. Our objectives were to explore a fake city and destroy robots to rack up as many points as possible before time runs out. It seemed straight forward enough. Some robots would grant more points. The weakest ones would provide one point and the stronger ones would grant more. Pretty standard stuff. 

According to a slip of paper I was given, I was assigned to group A. I assumed this was done so if anyone knew each other, they wouldn't be able to help each other. Looking around me, I saw a bunch of people possessing Quirks and Semblances of their own. And then there was me. Who only had a plain looking sook with serrated edges. I just needed to hope that I'd get enough points to pass this thing. 

???: Hi there! 

Out of nowhere, a girl my age with pink skin and horns jumped up in front of me, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

Mutasim: Huh? Oh, hi. 

The girl seemed pretty excited and she had orange and black eyes. And she had some... "ballistics", to put it gently. 

Girl: I'm just getting to know everyone here before initiation starts. My name's Mina Ashido! What's yours? 

 My name's Mina Ashido! What's yours? 

Mutasim: Mutasim Lycan. 

Mina: "Mutasim"... Hey. You think if we got together, our ship name would be "Minasim"? 

Mutasim: Huh?! Where'd that come from? 

Her cheeks flushed red and she rubbed the back of her head while chuckling sheepishly. 

Mina: O-Oh! Hah, sorry! Just thinking out loud. 

Mutasim: Yeahhhhh... So what's your Quirk? 

Mina: My Quirk's pretty cool! I can produce acid from my skin. I can slide on it, melt a ton of things and I can even change how severe the acid can be! And of course, I've got a resistance to it. Can't be producing acid and hurting myself in the process, am I right? 

Mutasim: Yeah. With a Quirk like yours, I'm almost certain you'll pass initiation easily. 

Mina: You think so? Thanks M! 

And she's already given me my standard nickname. Her bubbly personality reminded me too much of Izuki. Not that it was a bad thing, just... Makes me miss her. A lot. 

Mina: So, if you don't mind me asking, what's your Quirk? 

Mutasim: Don't have one. 

Mina: Huh?! Then a Semblance...? 

I shook my head. 

Mutasim: Nope. 

Mina: And you're still gonna go through with this? Alright! Nice! Good for you! If you need any help, just call me!