𝐗𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐩

Start from the beginning

The rules sounded simple, and yet Morana felt like this would be much more complicated.

"The first team to cross the finish line with their flag wins the cup and bragging rights for a year, as well as some special privileges."

"Screw this, i want the privileges." Morana scoffed to herself, grinning as her mind wondered on what they could be.

"Let the Poe Cup begin!" A gunshot rang through the air, making her wince before she began to row with the rest of her team, watching out carefully for where she was supposed to go. May she repeat, why on Earth was she at the front?

"Oh, excuse us!" Xavier taunted as his team of Jokers passed the Black Cats, their rowing almost in vain at how easy it was for them to pass. When they did pass, Morana rowed with more viciousness than before, her eyes hardening on the end goal.

"Stroke! Stroke! Stroke!" She wanted to roll her eyes at the group clad in purple robes. They weren't far from passing over them, but Morana caught a glimpse of the axes they had on the side, her eyes widening. She watched it rise in the air before building slight tension to be able to chop their heads off. Her lips curled and she brought a hand in the air, her blue energy crackling in anticipation.

With a concentrated frown, Morana allowed her energy to wrap around the axe, breaking it off from the boat before it could be fatal for them.

"Cheats!"

"There's no fucking rules!" She spat back before using their axe against them. She forced it into the side of the boat, not a dangerous play yet it would allow water to slowly fill their canoe, endangering them of sinking. "Row faster!" She then commanded, "I want them privileges!"

The Black Cats continued to row, glancing every now and then at the purple team of whom gravitated towards a rather large floating bouy. The team tried to desperately fix their unfortunate situation, but it was of no use as their demise was ultimately inevitable. Their canoe hit the bouy and splintered in half, the group of four being tossed into the water.

"Faster!" The girl from the back demanded with desperation, the Black Cats obeying. Bar Wednesday, of whom placed her ore down and grabbed a small telescope, looking for something she thought she had seen.

"Thing." She suddenly called and Morana tried to glance behind, but was given a scolding look from Enid.

"Turn your face around, Devoe, we are not losing!" The shrillness of Enid's voice hurt Morana's ears, so she succumbed and faced the front.

Not too much time had passed before the Black Cats managed to pull up at Raven Island, the Jokers' canoe already beached. Just as Enid and Morana were about to leave, Wednesday demanded they stay to ensure their canoe would not be sabotaged, and she didn't think she'd be so happy to see a malicious grin settle onto Morana's face.

"Aye, Captain." Morana spoke, saluting Wednesday playfully before climbing out of the Canoe to ensure it doesn't do anywhere. She was rather excited, and a part of her was bursting with joy at the fact she could potentially drown someone on accident and get away with it. She wasn't an intentionally murderous girl, but sometimes, happy little accidents happen. Who was she to deny them?

Not long afterwards, Morana caught sight of two Jokers running off into the woods, after something. Her brows furrowed when she watched Enid stand and rush to the boat, her multi-coloured claws coming out on show. She grinned and laughed insanely when Enid scratched up one side of the boat, condeming the Jokers to sink.

"Yes, Enid!" She bellowed, laughing and clutching her stomach a little. She hadn't laughed much recently, but she was glad to see Enid being a little fiesty and ruining someone's day.

~

Morana worriedly watched the Jokers and then the Siren's leave with no further sign of Wednesday. She panicked that something may have happened to the raven haired gothic girl, but she was an Addams and Morana was sure even Death would shake that family warmly by the hand and let them be.

By now, the blood that had oozed from the corners of Morana's lips and her nose had dried with slight new blood emerging, but it wasn't much. Her cheekbone had darkened into a purple-coloured bruise and so had her wrists after the boy had knelt on them like he had.

But she didn't care, she was staring into the woods with panic. When the team erupted into telling someone to hurry, Morana saw Wednesday running with the flag. She grinned and worked on getting ready to push the canoe away from where it was perched. Alas, it still didn't take them too long to catch up and they soon passed by the Jokers.

"Nice work, Enid." Morana congratulated sincerely, laughing at the Jokers as they begun to sink quickly.

"I just asked myself, WWWD? What would Wednesday do?" Enid clarified, to which elicited a small yet unseen grin from the gothic girl. It was gone quickly, however, only apparent for a second if that.

They were now side-to-side with the Sirens. It made Morana's lip curl in distaste. She noticed large spikes appear from the side of their canoe whilst they attempted to get closer to the Gold Bugs, but before the spikes could make an impact, something pushed their boat harshly, almost tipping them into the water.

They were heading for the bouy...and then they weren't.

With their spikes still out, the Black Cats quickly got up next to the Sirens, glared on their faces as they approached. And then it made impact, crunching and breaking a large hole into the canoe.

"Gotcha!" Enid cheered loudly, her proud grin on show as they further approached the dock with the students cheering. As soon as they were stopped, everyone clambered out of the canoe and rushed forwards, Enid clasping onto the flag with Wednesday whilst Morana and the other girl followed behind.

They had won.

~

a/n

heyyy how was this chapter? how do you think Khaos will react when he sees Morana's appearance of a bloodied nose?