𝐈. 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

Chapter One; 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

+ + +

The name 'Morana' means Death, Illness and comes from Slavic origins, based on their Goddess of Winter and Death. Well, Morana Devoe had never been more true to her name than what she was on her fifteenth birthday.

The light-skinned tan girl and her white brother were simply walking in the park. Most people were afraid of the youngest Devoe, her dark eyes only becoming darker as they fell on each stranger that passed her by. Her voluminous down brown curls did nothing to hide the small scowl on her face when her ears listened for the whispers, the laughter and the mocking.

Whilst the trees swayed with the easy breeze, the blue sky only tinted with a few misty white clouds, the sun peaking through a thicker cloud, Morana then heard it: the laughing; the mocking and the whispering.

"She's got the devil inside her, i swear it!"

"Hush, Margerie, she'll hear you!"

"I don't care. A thing like that doesn't deserve to be in this christianic town!"

"Mother said i was powerful." Morana hummed as she and her brother continued to walk, coincidentally heading towards the older ladies that were talking rather loudly by now. "That' s what you told me, right?

"Morana-"

"It'll feel like a pinch." She mumbled, raising her hand up to her chest before she concentrated. Her hand twitched a little before her fingers made graceful movements, an electric blue orb forming in the palm of her hand whilst some darker blue mist surrounded it. She then focused on where she wanted the magic to go, a deadly glint in her eyes. She watched the blue energy slither towards the unsuspecting old ladies before it wrapped itself up their legs and tightened, yanking their legs from underneath them before she made the energy drag the old ladies along, their cries for help whilst accusing her of witchcraft being music to her ears.

"Morana." Nathan Devoe snapped firmly, watching with a tightened chest as the younger girl smiled deviously at her wrong doing towards the older ladies. With a clench of her fist, the ladies' necks snapped and Morana was walking away like nothing happened. One thing she loved about the chaotic energy that soared in her veins, was that with instances like these, it is untrackable to her.

Unless the cops knew of her ability.

"Morana Oleander Devoe, what did you just-" Nathan took in a deep breath, knowing that his little sister had just killed two older ladies for simply talking about her. "You are not safe in public." He scowled, shaking his head as he hurried to get her and himself away from the crime scene Morana had just created.

As many bad things Morana had done, this being one of them, Nathan never gave her a serious punishment. He knew of the struggles Morana had to go through, with people whispered, damning her all because her parents had left her and now she was stuck in his care, being his ward.