𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

Chapter Seven; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

+ + +

Morana stood in the bathroom the Weathervane provided, rinsing her face in cool water. She had left the Addams siblings to their own devices for a few minutes, just needing time away from them both. 

The new mystery on why her mother seemed to be a snake-like bitch astounded her.

"C'mon, Morana." She whispered, her hands clutching onto the sides of the sink so harshly, her knuckled turned white. "Just...face them again, pretend you're now fine." With an affirmative nod, Morana cleared her throat and left the bathroom, her head held high as her hips swayed. "Seriously?!" Morana stopped in her tracks, staring with wide eyes and Khaos and Wednesday stood in the centre of three floored Pilgrims. 

"Hey, chéri." Morana felt a grin slowly form as she turned her head to the side, shaking it almost distainfully. Alas, she was still proud the two siblings stood up for themselves.

"No doubt it's their fault, hm?" She questioned, sauntering forwards with elegance, stepping over the groaning boys that still laid on the floor.

"See? You understand." He send her a small, flirtatious wink before the main doors opened and revealed a particular red-lipped face.

"Principle Weems." Morana greeted with clenched teeth, her smile not quite making it to her eyes.

"Apologies sheriff." Morana snapped her gaze towards the man that was evidentally part of the law and yet she completely avoided him when she had spotted Wednesday and Khaos. She completely ignored Coffee boy, too, but she supposed it's because they didn't mean squat to her. "These three slipped away from me."

"Correction, Ms Weems," Morana said with a feigned smile, "it's two. Not three."

"Come on, you three, time to go." Morana dropped her smile and sighed wistfully, playing the dramatic card as she grabbed Khaos' hand.

"But our romantic get-away!" She whined, laughing along with Khaos shortly after as she and him left the small cafe.

"Miss Addams." Weems cleared her throat and Morana and Khaos still waited outside. They both debated on whether or not to simply walk back the way they came, but ultimately - and silently - they figured it would be a better to wait.

"I know you're not fine." Khaos said, refusing to glance at Morana as he spoke these words. When he received a hum, he sighed. "There's something going on and i can't figure it out."

"One day you will." She said confidentally, patting his chest as Weems and Wednesday finally exited the cafe.

~

Morana fixed up her short black crop top, making sure it didn't look awful, whilst she made sure the belt supporting her short denim shorts were properly fastened. She wore a long, orange knitted cardigan to stave away the chill in the air.