𝐈𝐗. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

Chapter Nine; 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

(if anyone loves mattheo riddle, i have a new book called War of Hearts. Please give it some love, and reply to this if you plan to, it would be a great help. I give you this chapter in return :D xx)

+ + +

The tree was cold, the bark scratched their skin in a way that nothing could imitate. The wind was cool as the students all gathered around in their little clubs, whispering and gossiping as though nothing was of any importance.

They were only waiting for their next class to start, the one with Ms. Thornhill. Morana was rather excited for lesson if you asked her. You learnt about plants, no matter how dangerous they may be.

"Why did you help her?" A rumble of words to her left cut Morana from her daydream of the botanical class that was coming up. She glanced to the left, her coiled hair slightly shielding the face of the boy next to her. His breath was slow and calm, portraying how relaxed he was but his brows were pinched and his nose was slightly crinkled. "After you trying to end her life?"

"Because i..." Morana scrunched her own eyebrows together in confusion. "Um..." she couldn't answer. She didn't know how. Instead, her fingers fiddles together in her lap, her shoulders tensed. She couldn't lie, she didn't have a single thought going through her mind. She no longer felt alive. She felt like she was drowning. Morana was being suffocated by her own mind, her own heart as her throat closed, refusing to say any other words. 

Why was she nice to Enid? Was she not meant to be, even after if was Morana that went to kill her? Was Khaos not happy with her? Did he suddenly stop liking her, even if he only liked her as a friend anyway?

She closed her mouth eventually, pressing her lips in a thin line. She didn't expect her high of emotions would end so quickly. She frowned even deeper, if possible, and tried to breath normally but she found it difficult.

"Mori-"

"I'm gonna head to class." She mumbled, fumbling to stand. She excused herself quickly once she scooped up her bag, slinging it onto one shoulder and fleeing the scene. She would be early, but Morana preferred that if it meant she could get herself in order. He meant nothing by his question, surely?

Or was he disappointed?

Oh, the harrowing thought of being a disappointment in his eyes. Morana felt like crying, sobbing even. She wanted to scream and allow her emotions to take control...but what emotions? She didn't know what Khaos was capable of; she didn't know what his special ability to be in Nevermore was.

Could he manipulate emotions? Was everything she felt a lie? Every breath, every gentle but rough touch of his calloused yet smooth hand? Was his very demeanour a lie, just so that she could fall victim to a gruesome death in the end?