𝐗𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐩

Magsimula sa umpisa

It worked when she was dropped, her knees hitting the ground harshly. Morana didn't get a chance to move, he was on her back with a heaving chest. With swift movements, it didn't take much for the boy to turn Morana to that she was lied on her back, her arms pinned by his knees.

"I don't even wanna fuck you anymore." He spat, a bit of blood hitting her cheek from his bloodied lips. She must've landed a good hit to his face which allowed her to be dropped. "I wanna carve that pretty face..." a switch blade was grabbed from his pocket, the blade was dauntingly revealed. "And i wanna watch you scream for mercy."

"Sweetheart, i don't beg." She growled out bringing her knee up with force and hitting him in the balls, just about. He fell forwards, cringing and groaning but she was still trapped under him, the blade still in his hand.

She tried to wriggle out, she tried to use her energy but her mind was whirling in circles and she wasn't thinking clearly. She never believed in having a man to save her, but her mind was begging for someone to. But her lips didn't open for the command to screech out, she kept her lips shut like they were sewn.

"Bitch." He spat again, straighting himself after the small moment of weakness. His fist was raised in the air before it came pounding down onto her face with a sickening crunch. Pain flared up in Morana's face, her lips parting to allow a struggled cough of pain to be released. It didn't last long as another blow, and another were landed to her face. She sported a bloody and possibly broken nose, split lip and more than likely a bruised eye or cheekbone.

She wasn't sure yet.

When the boy went to throw another harsh punch to her face, Morana couldn't help the scream that erupted from her whilst her body seemed to pulse. A static, blue form of energy surrounded Morana before it burst away from her, forcing the boy to be knocked several feet in the air.

Never had she done that.

Morana was quick to stand and rush to where she was supposed to be for the Poe Cup, the thoughts of what had happened slipped to the back of her mind. She was a firm believer of ignoring issues until they went away, and quite frankly, she had more pressing matters to contend with in her opinion. She was to - with Wednesday's help - win the Poe Cup for her friend that she was trying to reconcile with.

"Morana! You look-" Enid gasped when she took in the appearance of the beaten girl, but when Morana smiled with blood coating her teeth, she couldn't help but sigh. Enid wanted to press for details, she wanted to know the ins and outs of what had happened as it looked like her friend had gone and bashed her head against a tree several times, but she didn't. Morana's grin was unsettling and it showed she wanted to mention of whatever had happened.

Enid would respect that wish. For the time being.

"No time for chitchat, darling, we have a game to win." Her tone was dark and cold, it held a fury within it that bubbled on the surface and yet was not overflowing somehow. She climbed into the canoe at the front, Enid behind her with Wednesday behind Enid and someone behind Wednesday. Why Morana was at the front, she wouldn't know. The canoe next to them on their left, however, had the sirens inside to which made Morana glare. She hated Bianca and she was hating the damn fish people.

"What do we have here?" Bianca annoying voice pierced Morana's ears uncomfortably, to which made the girl scowl and turn to look at the Siren. Bianca wasn't looking at her, however. "The runt of the litter."

"For the record," Wednesday stated with a calm yet condescending tone, "i don't believe i'm better than everyone else. Just that i'm better than you."

"I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allan Poe Cup." Principle Weems spoke through the microphone, speaking to those within the canoe and those spectating. "This is one of Nevermore's proudest annual traditions, dating back a hundred-and-twenty-five years! Each team must row across to Raven Island, pull a flag from Crackstone's Crypt, and hustle back without sinking or being sunk."