The New Maid (Chapter 20)

Depuis le début

" Don't..", Camila moved her face from Austins hand.

" I want you to scream my name the same way you screamed out for Lauren.. I want you to love me the way you love her."

" I can't Austin.. you know I've tried."

" Maybe you haven't tried hard enough..", Austin grabbed Camila by the waist, and she was disgusted by the smell of alcohol on his breath.

" Don't do this!", Camila closed her eyes as she turned her cheek.

Austin stopped and stared at Camila with a blank stare, " You're right, I won't... I'm gonna make Lauren go through the same pain I'm going through.."

" What are you talking about?"

" Lauren is gonna come over, like I'm sure she always does, and you get to tell her that you don't love her anymore.. oh, and that she's invited to our wedding. She can be our guest of honor.. Actually better yet, it'll be a surprise for her! I think she'll be happy knowing that no matter what you're marrying me! ", Austin once again laughed out loud, and Camila's blood began to boil in anger.

Her eyes filled with tears, " Austin, you can't make me do this!"

" Or would you rather her be dead? You pick."

" I cant believe you've sunk this low!"

" You should have thought about that before you went cheating on me with the fucking artist!", Austin screamed as he walked, and faced the window.

" Austin.. I tried. I tried really hard to fall in love with you, but we both knew it was impossible. You know I care so much about you. You've helped me out so much, not just in my career, but in life.. and this part of you, I don't recognize. I know you wouldn't hurt anyone; I know this isn't the real you!", Camila walked behind Austin, and she wanted to place her hand on his shoulder, but stopped herself from doing so.

" I could have made you happy, truly happy.. But she had to come back, and ruin it. I'm not changing my mind, you will do as I say, or Lauren pays the price. Now, I'm going to bed.", Austin began to walk out of his office.

" Austin, this isn't like you!", Camila walked behind Austin, but stopped herself once again.

He turned around and faced her, " You will call her over tomorrow, but I'm sure her coming to my house is nothing out of the ordinary since she's been back in Miami. And well, you're gonna tell her it's over."

" You're selfish, Austin..", Camila closed her eyes as she began to sob.

" I'm selfish? Says the one that cheats on me just soon before we're about to get married.. But that will soon be over. Goodnight."

Camila stood inside Austin's office unable to think. She was torn inside because she realized that once again she would have to sacrifice herself for Lauren's sake.

The last thing she wanted was to once again hurt Lauren.. she closed her eyes as the tears rolled down her cheeks, and she just knew that there had to be a way out of this. All Camila wanted was for Lauren to be happy, and she wasn't ready to give up on her that quick.

She quickly sent out a message to Lauren, she didn't know what would happen after that, all she knew is that she loved Lauren, she always had, and she always would, " Lauren, I know we were supposed to be together tonight, but plans have changed.. I'll see you tomorrow morning? Ok?"

Lauren quickly responded to her text, " Baby, is everything okay? Why can't I come over, we were supposed to cuddle, and watch movies?"

" Please, just come tomorrow; I promise everything is okay.. and one more thing?", Camila's fingers shook as she wrote out the text.