The New Maid (Chapter 2)

Lauren looked back at the brown eyed girl that stood over her bed. She wasn't scared, she was just surprised.

" Camila, it's 4am what can you possibly want to talk about?", Lauren covered her eyes.

" I know it's really late, and I'm sorry.. it's just that your home is huge, and really lonely.."

Lauren couldn't help, but giggle at how oddly adorable Camila could actually be,
" And so what? there's nothing wrong with being alone in a big home. I'm used to it. Nothing really scares me anymore"

" Are you sure about that? because I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified of all the noise that I hear from outside of my window.. which is why I couldn't sleep.."

" So you come and wake me up?"

Camila looked down at her feet, " Yeah, and I'm really sorry for waking you up.. it's just that you, and I are the only ones in this home, and well, I didn't know who else to go to. But I'll let you go now. Sorry I woke you up.. "

" Wait, Camila...do you want to stay here with me?"

Camila paused and turned around to face Lauren before leaving the room.

" Ah I don't know. Are maids allowed to sleep with their bosses?"

" Well, um.. this just got really interesting." Lauren continued giggling.

"No, I didn't mean it that way.. I meant like, sleep in the same room."

" Yeah, it's fine. Don't worry. There's no need for you to be alone. You can stay here with me."

" Well, if it's okay with you.. and I'll go get my pillow, and blanket. I'll sleep on the floor."

" No, Camila, that's nonsense... there's no way you're sleeping on the floor. My bed is big enough for us both. You also don't need a pillow or blanket, I have more than enough here."

" Are you sure it's alright?"

" Yeah of course, I don't want you to feel scared all by yourself. I know what it feels like to always be alone.." Lauren smile slowly began to fade, and Camila began to see the softer side of Lauren Jauregui. And she really liked it.

" I'm sorry to hear that.."

" Yeah, it's fine.. also, sorry for what happened earlier on. I was a complete jerk, and I know I came on too strong. It's just that... I think you're really beautiful. But I am completely aware that it was the wrong way to present myself to you.. and well, I'm sorry."

" Hey, don't worry... I don't even remember what happened earlier on, and thank you."

" Okay, well we should get to sleep.. it's Sunday tomorrow. I doubt my parents will be home, and well if they're not.. would you like to go out for breakfast with me?"

" Sounds tempting Lauren, but I'm kind of supposed to be cleaning your house, not freeloading off of you.."

" Oh.. well, I don't see it like that.. I was just inviting you, but I get that you might feel uncomfortable.."

" Actually, I don't feel uncomfortable.. I think I'm finally seeing a different side of you. I can hardly remember the girl that was hitting on me", Camila looked at Lauren in they eyes with a giant smile on her face.

" So.. is that a yes, you'll go out for breakfast with me? i mean, it's just you, and I here.. we might as well hang out."

" Well, if your parents aren't home, and it's not a problem then sure.. I just have to be back soon to clean."

" Oh, don't even worry about the cleaning.. "

" Lauren... it's kind of my job if you don't remember.."

" Okay, fine.. Maybe I can help you out? so you can finish faster and we could probably catch a movie or something.."

"Lauren, I'm your maid.. I'm not getting paid to hang out with you.."

" Well, I can pay you if that's what you want?"

"NO! that wasn't at all what I meant.. I mean, I get paid to clean not hang out with you.. and maybe we should just go to sleep now..", Camila began to blush.

" Chill, Camila I get what you meant, I was just messing with you! and yeah, maybe we should go to sleep.."

Camila stood over Laurens bed clueless of what to do, "So what side do I sleep on?"

Lauren looked around her bed, " Well, anywhere you'd like.. the bed is big enough you know."

" Yeah, I know..", Camila made her way into bed, she tucked in her pillow, as Lauren adjusted a giant blanket over both of them.

" There you go. That should keep us both warm during the night. Goodnight Camila. Sweet dreams..", Lauren turned over to turn off her lamp, and they were both now lying in complete darkness.

" Goodnight, Lauren.. sweet dreams.."

And before Camila knew it, Lauren had fallen asleep. She could tell because she heard the girl snoring, she thought it was completely adorable, but then shook off the feeling.

Camila was just about to fall asleep herself when she felt Laurens arms wrapped around her waist. Lauren held on to Camila tightly, and she tucked her head into her neck. Camila figured it was a type of comfort zone, and this time, she wasn't going to untangle herself from Lauren.

Before they knew it, they had both fallen asleep. With Camila still wrapped around Lauren's arms.