Chapter 28

Olivia's POV

"Tell me the truth," Elijah said in a voice laced with anger. I knew that he already knew the truth but was waiting for me to confirm it.

"So what if it says a source close to me confirms it? They are just lying." I don't know why I continued to lie; perhaps I couldn't face him, or I wished he didn't find out this way.

He gave me a blank stare. I could tell a million thoughts were running through his head at the same time. "Why did you do that to us?" he finally asked, his voice breaking.

"Elijah," I tried to grab his hand.

"I saw your face when I said a source confirmed it to you. It is true. You cheated on me with that girl? And what have you been running around bragging about?" He pulled his hand away, and said with rising anger.

"No, it's not like that. Please let me explain." I pleaded. I didn't even know what I wanted to explain.

He turned around and walked out the door, leaving me in tears. He's not wrong. I know I cheated, and I know I hurt him, but still, all I could think about is how Ava can do this to me.

I flinched as I heard the penthouse door slam behind Elijah. I grabbed my phone and saw I had a couple of messages from Ezra and Zoya, asking me if I saw the article. I knew Ezra must be very upset about this. All of this bad publicity will take attention away from the show and focus on my private life. He warned me, and I didn't listen.

Deciding that I should talk with him in person, I reluctantly got dressed and made my way to the studio, bracing myself for another confrontation.

As I walked into the studio, I felt eyes falling on me as whispers continued to grow louder until Ezra's voice broke the whispers. "Is it the first time we have fake rumors circling around one of us? Let's focus on work and be professionals. Leave the gossip to the paparazzi," he said in a strict voice that was enough to quiet down most of the whispers.

"Olivia, let's go through the scenes in my office. The writers made slight changes to your role," he said as he made his way to his office.

"What changes?" I said, quickening my steps to catch up to him.

"No changes; I just didn't want them to think we will be discussing this and making it a bigger deal than it already is," he said as he opened the door to his office.

My eyes immediately went over to Zoya, who was sitting on the edge of the chair, ready to run away from the conversation we were about to have.

Her eyes met mine, and she shot out of her chair, running towards me and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Calm down, it's okay," I whispered against her ears as she tightened her hands around me.

"It wasn't me," she said in a weak voice, as if she is pleading for both Ezra and me to believe her.

"Zoya, I am certain it wasn't you," I said as I pulled away from her arms and held her face.

"But Ezra said…” She didn’t continue the sentence and glanced toward Ezra before finding my eyes again.

"There is no way it was Zoya," I told Ezra as I understood the reason why she was that shaky.

"I didn't say it was her; I said it could be her. Everyone that knows is guilty in my eyes until we get to the bottom of this," Ezra said, crossing his arms in front of his body.

"So your brother is guilty?" I scoffed angrily.

"Yes, he is," he deadpanned.

"Elijah knows," I said.