Chapter 3

Olivia's POV

With big, enchanting green eyes that flickered with golden sparks like a beautiful wildfire in the forest, she lay on my lap. Strands of light brown hair clung to her face, and her parted lips suggested she was holding her breath. Her gaze fixated on me as though she had just seen a ghost.

I couldn't help but feel a sense of amusement at her horrified expression. It was one of the cutest things I had ever seen. Using my finger, I gently brushed away the strands of hair that were stuck to her face, revealing her stunning features. To my surprise, her already large eyes grew even bigger when I touched her.

"Breathe! Your face is turning blue" I chuckled, trying to ease the tension.

As realization dawned on her, she exhaled deeply and covered her face, diverting her gaze from me.

"I'm going to embarrass myself to death," she murmured to herself.

"Are you alright? Should I give you a minute?" I asked, suppressing my urge to chuckle so as not to embarrass her any further.

She shook her head vigorously and attempted to stand up. I supported her while she wobbled and held onto my forearms for balance.

"You're moving too fast. Be careful. You hit your head pretty hard," I warned, checking her head for any potential injuries. Although her face was no longer pale, it had turned bright red, and I wanted to assure her that there was no need to feel embarrassed. However, I sensed that drawing attention to her unease was not wise.

"Does this happen to you often?" Ezra asked with a look of concern on his face. He had previously mentioned that she might be the perfect fit for the role, so I assumed he was worried about her well-being getting in the way of filming. If that was the case, I would have to scold him later.

"N-no, this is the first time. I received the audition notice while I was at my college across town, so I rushed here," she replied, shaking her head. She was looking directly at Ezra.

"So some water and fresh air should help you, right?" I asked. She nodded, but she was looking down at the floor and wasn't making eye contact with me.

"I think we can let you go rest now. We'll finish the rest of the auditions and then contact everyone's managers," Ezra said, dismissing the poor girl.

She continued to nod, her eyes still fixated on the ground as she walked out of the room, leaving me behind with the three men.

"Ezra, you embarrassed the girl even further," I said with a strict tone as I followed her outside.

She was leaning against the wall with her eyes closed, clearly not having enough strength to move.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I approached her, and she quickly moved away from the wall in panic.

"I can ask my driver to take you home," I offered, feeling genuinely worried about the poor girl.

"The TV show I just auditioned for, is it yours?" She asked, struggling to speak.

"Yes, but please keep that a secret. We don't want the word to spread just yet," I said, looking around for my assistant to help the girl.

I saw her standing at the end of the hall and motioned for my assistant to come closer. I asked her to get me some fresh juice and food from the cafeteria, which she quickly left to get.

"Come and sit here," I motioned for the girl to follow me when I noticed she was frozen still after I answered her question.

"I knew this was too good to be true," she said as she took a seat in the waiting area.