Chapter 6

Zoya's POV

I struggled to keep my eyes open during the lecture. I was fully aware that juggling an acting job with tight schedules and crazy hours, all while studying, would be absolutely exhausting. However, I was unwilling to compromise either my job or my studies. I knew I had to find a way to make it work.

I attended three table reads, hoping to see Olivia there. Unfortunately, she wasn't present in any of them. Since the new first episodes didn't feature any scenes with her, I found myself in separate table reads. This was a mixed blessing. On one hand, it allowed me to focus and make a strong first impression on Ezra and the rest of the cast. On the other hand, I missed out on seeing Olivia, which was disappointing.

I glanced over at Sebastian, observing his usual focused nature as he diligently took notes and actively engaged in the lecture. In contrast, I found myself struggling to stay attentive. It had already been a month, yet my notes mainly consisted of doodles of Olivia's name. I couldn't help but acknowledge that when midterms arrived, I would be in serious trouble.

Sebastian interrupted my thoughts by snapping his fingers in front of me. "Should we be heading out? You can continue your nap in the comfort of your own bed," he chuckled. It would have been amusing if I wasn't burdened with the fear of failing.

"Oh, I'm completely fucked, aren't I?" I groaned in frustration.

"Is it really that bad?" Sebastian asked, settling back down next to me.

"I feel like I've absorbed close to zero knowledge this semester," I lamented with a deep sigh.

"I can assist you with studying," Sebastian offered his help sincerely.

"That would be incredibly kind of you, but when would we find the time? My schedule is utterly chaotic," I replied, burying my face in my hands.

"Whenever you have free time in your day, feel free to drop by my place," Sebastian suggested, his reassuring smile still present.

My brows furrowed as I hesitated. "You mean Ezra's place too?" I asked, my discomfort evident.

Sebastian quickly shook his head, understanding my concern. "No, I completely understand if that would be weird for you," he assured me. "We can stick to studying at your place, like we always do. You live alone, right?" His voice trailed off, his tone hesitant as if he wanted to inquire further but lacked the courage to do so.

A mixture of relief and apprehension washed over me. "Yes, that's correct," I reluctantly confirmed, avoiding any further discussion on the topic.

Sebastian nodded understandingly, respecting my unspoken boundaries. "That works perfectly fine then," he responded, trying to lighten the mood. "Your place it is."

I had always had a strained relationship with my parents. Although they weren't happy with my sexuality, I still made an effort to see them every other holiday. Unfortunately, our gatherings always seemed to descend into arguments. It's difficult for me to skip these visits entirely because deep down, I remember how close we used to be. It saddens me to see how we've grown so distant simply because I like women.

"Would you like me to drive you home now?" Sebastian kindly asked.

"I really wish you could, but I have a table read," I groaned in frustration, my exhaustion evident.

"I'm worried. How do you plan on getting through it? You could barely stay awake during the lecture," Sebastian voiced his concern, his tone filled with genuine care.

I shrugged, feeling powerless to change the circumstances, and started gathering my books. Sebastian walked alongside me as we made our way outside the university grounds.