Peerage (Zest and Erza)

Anything you recognize isn't mine.

"Zest?!"

The white-haired young woman whipped around, and her golden eyes met Kenji's mismatched ones.

Ten full seconds passed, neither moving an inch.

"What are you doing here?" Kenji asked.

"What are you doing here?" Zest asked, at the same time.

"None of your business." Kenji replied.

"Looking for you." Zest replied, at the same time.

"What?" they both asked afterwards, at the same time. There was another uncomfortable silence.

"Why are you looking for me?" Kenji asked, without Zest saying something at the same time.

"Well..." Zest lingered for a moment, inwardly SHOCKED OUT OF HER FUCKING MIND that the ONE person she was looking for just turned up, out of the blue, right near her. "It was because Zeotifucks ordered it so."

"Zeotifucks...?" Kenji suddenly burst out laughing. "That's a real good name."

"Thanks." Zest blushed.

"So I guess Zeotifucks- I am so using that name from now on- is still going on sending guards and maids after me, seeing as you're out here?" Kenji asked, not letting his guard down.

"Actually, no." Zest replied. "He stopped, three weeks ago."

"Why?" Kenji asked. "Did the motherfucker give up?"

"Actually, no." Zest replied. "In the eyes of the Devils Territory of the Underworld, you're... presumed dead."

Kenji was silent for a full minute.

"Well I'm alive, aren't I?" he asked. "So there's no harm-" He was cut off as Zest ran into his arms and hugged him, tightly.

"I was... destroyed." She muttered, while silently sobbing into Kenji's shoulder. "I cried for about a week after I heard from Zeotifucks that you were apparently dead. I killed the group of guards I was put with, and I've been looking for you ever since!"

"I'm flattered." Was all Kenji could say. "You'd look for me for approximately a month, even when you thought I was dead?"

"Yes!" Zest said, looking up into Kenji's eyes. 'Damn, he's grown taller since four months ago.' She thought. 'A lot taller. He's developed some muscle as well.'

"Now I really am flattered." Kenji replied, holding Zest in his arms. "But why?"

"Why?" Zest repeated, and then gulped. This was it. Time to say the words she'd been wanting to say for the past four months, maybe more. "Because... I'm... in love with you, Kenji."

Silence. Zest looked up into Kenji's eyes, hoping against hope that he would reciprocate her feelings.

"Do you really mean that?" Kenji asked, softly. Zest slowly nodded.

"Yes, I do really mean that." Zest replied. "I've wanted to tell you for the past four months, maybe more. But when you ran away, I was so... broken. I cried for about two months after you ran away, and then Zeotifucks sent me out on a mission to find you, and then a month later he said you were dead, and I've been looking for you on my own, because if you really were dead, I'd-"

Her frantic words were stopped abruptly, when Kenji pressed his lips against hers, claiming her lips in a short kiss.

"Stop." He said, simply. "Stop right there, Zest." Zest calmed down enough to stay silent, and listen to what Kenji said next.