Coping with a Phenex Asshole

Anything you recognise isn't mine.

"If this was enough proof that my parents are pricks, Rias, THIS IS IT!" Kenji shouted. He was on his feet, and positively bellowing at his older sister. It was an hour after Kenji had found out that he was to be engaged to Ravel. The three Phenexs' had left in a hurry after Kenji's outburst, after Lord and Lady Phenex had (allegedly) had a small conversation with Zeoticus and Venelana.

"Kenji..." Rias said, in a pacifying tone of voice. She was sat on the bed, looking up at her brother. "Can't you accept what happened? I'm against this as well, I was going to be with you, forev-"

"SHUT! THE FUCK! UP!" Kenji roared. "JUST SHUT UP WITH YOUR BROCON BULLSHIT, RIAS!" he calmed down slightly. "Why couldn't Mum and Dad put you in an arranged marriage?" he asked. "Why does it have to be me?"

"Because you're the Heir Gremory, Kenji!" Rias was on her feet, speaking sternly to her younger brother. She calmed down and continued. "Seriously, think this through. Since you're the Heir, the family would get a lot more profit for themselves if a family like the Phenex Clan paid our parents for their daughter to marry you."

"But don't you have suitors lining up for you?" Kenji asked. "After I'm 'married' (he made quotation marks with his fingers as he spoke the word), won't you be next?" Rias had to admit, Kenji had a fair point.

One part of her knew that this marriage would be good overall for Devils, since Kenji and Ravel producing a child that had both the current-generation's Gremory's Power of Destruction, and the Phenex Clan's immortality would be a powerful Devil to come.

The other part of her vehemently disliked the idea of the contract, as she still had MAJOR feelings for her younger brother, and wanted him to accept them. But Kenji was so stubborn in his ways that he wouldn't think of accepting them. But that would never stop Rias from trying to get him to accept them.

"I might." Rias said. "But the point remains, Kenji, that you are the more desirable person to marry for any female. Myself included." She added, in an undertone, but Kenji didn't hear. Or maybe he did, but he ignored it.

"Yeah, but why can't I choose who I want to marry?" Kenji was shouting again. "If Mom and Dad gave me a choice of girls to marry, that would've been fine!" Rias could see that she wasn't going to get her brother to calm down.

"I'll leave you to calm down a bit." Rias said, standing up and leaving the room, and shutting the door behind her.

"FINE! LEAVE ME TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT ON MY OWN!" Kenji yelled, from inside. Rias sighed, and walked away. She loved her brother dearly, but she had to admit...

Kenji had issues.

Line Break, 2 months later...

Zeoticus and Venelana were sitting in the lounge in the Gremory Manor, and waiting for their youngest son to come back from his date with his fiancé: Ravel Phenex.

"Kenji ought to be back any minute now." Venelana said to her husband, looking slightly worried.

"Unless he's decided to do a runner." Zeoticus frowned. Right on cue, a magic-circle appeared in front of them, and Kenji came out of it, looking absolutely murderous.

"I hate my life. I HATE my life. I HATE. MY LIFE." He muttered, as he made for the door.

"How was your date with your fiancé, Kenji?" Zeoticus asked. Kenji looked around at his parents, and glared at them.

"Terrible." He deadpanned. "Ravel wouldn't shut the literal hell up about how perfect and rich her family is, and also giving me shit for acting of my own accord instead of being 'loyal to my superiors'." He said the last four words with as much sarcasm as he could. "And all that bullshit." He added.